Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking for an experienced body man..

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by Lazydog, May 16, 2003.

1. Lazydog

Lazydog 1/2 ton status

I have a 1978 GMC Jimmy that has a crunched rear quarterpanel. I have a panel from a junk yard that I want welded in place. I'd try it myself but I lack the time and expertise. I would like to trade for partial payment. I have a bunch of 2 1/4" stainless steel tubing in 10' lengths. It would make great exhuast pipe. I also have a auto steering column and a driveshaft for the same year Jimmy/Blazer. Thanks

2. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

what ni can do

Just did this to mine, I have many,many hours working with rear quarters on my blazer, I have completly replaced mine, and added the "custom" tail lights...don't ask why.

3. Lazydog

Lazydog 1/2 ton status

Wow it looks great. Did you actually replace the panel or fix dents? The panel in the pictures look great. Thanks

4. supersize75

I replaced every panel exsept the floor and windshield frame. The panels were all new but I added dents, so yes I fixed dents /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. Lazydog

Lazydog 1/2 ton status

If your interested in fixing my truck let me know and we can meet, so you can see the damage. Have any idea how much it will run? I was thinking instead of drilling out the spot welds, it might be easier to cut and weld? I have no body experience though so I'm not sure if this is possible.

6. supersize75

I have an air hammer and portable gas air compressor, I would have to see it but I assure you it won't be exspensive
    I need you to give me a call though so I can have you swing by here to see how bad it is. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Lazydog

Lazydog 1/2 ton status

No Problem. I sent a PM with my number. Thanks