Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking for an old link

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CammoK5, Apr 9, 2004.

1. CammoK5

CammoK5 Registered Member

Some time ago I remember seeing a link for some company that makes panels that bolt to the back of the cab where the factory hard top does. This panel basicly turns a Blazer into a pickup. It had a rear glass from a truck and went all the way down to the floor.
    I spent almost 3 hrs searching for it and cant find it. I'll contunue the search again later after my eyes go back to normal. But in the mean time I was hoping somebody would know what I was talking about and know where to find it.
    I found several threads that came real close to what I'm looking for but mostly seemed to be permanent trasformations. There was a post where they did it to a CUCV but it was welded and permanent. There was a guy who was making a half cab, but it too seemed to be permanent.
    I also learned that a lot of folks dont like the idea and think it's a waste of time/money. To each his own I guess. I think it would be kinda cool to be able to bolt on a pannel and basicly have a pickup for when I gotta haul mulch, bark dust, and the like. Then bolt on a hard or soft top if I need stuff/people to stay dry. Then still be able to take it all off and cruise topless.
    Anyways, I'd sure appreciate some help in my search. For now I gotta go rest my eyes. Staring at the computer too long seems to mess them up /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
    Thanks yall.

2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

I don't remember a commercially available product to do this. If nothing else, it wouldn't work on Blazers up through '78ish -- the seat didn't fold in the early years and it sticks up past the bedrails.

There are lots of posts from people who've done it themselves -- lots of plywood and hinges, some duct tape, some nicer ones too /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

-- A

3. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

I dont know of a link, but I know exactly what you are talking about. There is some company out there that makes ( or made? ) fiberglass covers that go over the bed and have a thing that comes up to fully enclose the cab.

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I remember exactly what you are talking about. I don't remember if I linked it, and if I did it's on my computer that's 1400 miles away. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

5. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

didnt someone from up in Washington have one for sale in the forsale forums for a while?
    I think his name was aron....but cant remember.... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

7. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

8. CammoK5

CammoK5 Registered Member

Both of those were posts I saw while I was looking, but not quite what I was looking for. The one I'm thinking about was pretty flat, it didnt extend the cab rearward much and it went all the way down to the floor and some how sealed around the sides and bottom.
    I've been reading alot of old posts about the subject trying to figure out how I want to do mine. There's lots of good ideas out there. But I'd realy like to find that company to see how they did theirs. I know I saw it and I'm 99% sure it was a commercially available product. I was positive that it was on this site where I saw it, but after all the lookin around now I'm starting to doubt myself. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
    Thanx again for yall's help.

9. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

The Glasstite truck cap company used to make half cab conversions for K-5's--I have a brochure I sent for many years ago somewhere in the mess in my room. I dont know if they are still in buissness or not /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gifmaybe try a google search?. I almost bought one for the 72 K5 I had back then. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif