Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking for an over drive trany

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Oct 7, 2002.

I am looking for someone who nows where I can get a GM 700R overdrive trany for my K5. I have a Pontiac 428 V8 and a th350 trany and a NP205 in it right now. Or can someone let me now what kind of trany I should go with for the type of motor, its pushing 380 hp for now.

Thank you

1. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Spring Lake! Wow, another NC wheeler, and I actually know where Spring Lake is!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Yep, I've got one for sale. Check it out in the For Sale forum.

2. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

I don't think there's a BOP bellhousing tranny with overdrive other than the TH200-R4 /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

When I worked at a wrecking yard, one of the guys made a bellhousing adapter (to run, say a TH700 on a Buick/Olds/Pontiac) out of 1/8" steel plate. The plate has both the BOP and Chevy bolt patterns on it. The four lower holes just get the usual bolts through it, while the upper holes on the Pontiac block and Chevy tranny get bolted to the plate itself. Then use 1/8" thick washers between the flexplate and torque converter.

3. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

You can also buy that adapter plate through places like PAW. But you are right, no BOP 700R4.