Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking for b4/after pics of fender trimming!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jekbrown, Aug 11, 2001.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Hey gang. I am going to have a flexy jimmy purdy soon (shackle flip, revolvers, extended shocks/mounts etc etc) on my 85 with 4" of sus lift, 1" ORD body list, and 35" MTs. I also plan on doing the rocker-knocker-type rocker panel upgrade (ala off-road.com's rock ready proj). At any rate, when I get the rockers chopped off, I'd also like to do the rest of my fender trimming at the same time.

Thing is, I wanna trim a lot...so that when I upgrade to 37s or 39.5s down the road..even with all that flex, they will fit without further trimming. Thing is, I have no idea how much I have to chop to accomplish that. Anyone have any before/after pics of such a fender trim?

I want to cut the front/outter fender even with the inner fender in front by the bumper...and the rear fenders in back up near the factory trim line...question is, what about the stuff un between? Would I have to cut the inner fender wells too?

Any info appreciated. I hear people mention trimming all the time...but rarely any specifics. If anyone had closeup pics of a sweet trim job, itd be GREATLY appreciated. Help! ;)

J

2. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

Im gonna try to get some pics tomorrow of mine that I just did. In the meantime, go to keith.rockcrawler.com. Thats the truck I kind of copied off of in my trimming. Its a lot easier than you think to do. When I get time me and a buddy are gonna weld some sheetmetal pieces in to fill up the gap that was left. For now I just beat up the inner fender behind the outer. To give you an idea how much I took off, the cut is just over and inch away from the crease in the body both front and rear. With my 4" lift I easily have room for 37s and maybe 38s with a little rub. It really opens up things though, youd be surprised.

82 K5, 6.2L Diesel, sm465, np205, 14 bolt welded, 8 lug 10 bolt lock right, 410 gears, 35" Mud Kings
    SPEAK SOFTLY AND DRIVE A BIG TRUCK

3. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/temp/fendercut2.jpg>http://coloradok5.com/temp/fendercut2.jpg</a>

Steve

Bandwidth FREE ZONE

Mall-Running poseur 4x4 with curb-feelers