Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking for BDS springs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Moody, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Moody

Moody 1/2 ton status

I have been shopping prices for a set of 4 inch front springs for my 70 K5 and the closest distributor is over three hours away. Anyway, they quoted me 135.00 per side plus shipping. Is this a reasonable price? I couldn't find the thread but I think someone else got these for around 90.00 a piece. Does anyone know of a BDS distributor in the Northwest that might have a better deal?

2. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

I paid $98 a pack for bds springs. However, that was about 3 or maybe even 4 years ago now. $135 does seem a little high though.
    -Harrison

3. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status

Try:

www.jdsoffroad.com

www.windrockoffroad.com

You need to ask them directly for, as BDS has the distributors not disclose the price in the page. Both of those sites could were BDS distributors a fe wyears back, so Im sure they can still get them (I didnt see them listed)

4. KGsK5

KGsK5 1/2 ton status

cant you just order then from thier website... bds-suspension.com

5. Moody

Moody 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the info....I'm not having a problem finding them, just finding them at a good price:D I'm sure I could find them somewhere at a cheaper price but I was hoping to get them local so shipping wouldn't kill me. I also spoke to ORD today and they are having 10% percent off tuff country and shipping was only 35 bucks. I starting to think about using tuff country instead....

6. 1977k5

1977k5 3/4 ton status Vendor

Tough Country and BDS are both very good (I ran BDS springs for the past 3 years and have been very happy).

AFAIK, BDS requires that all of its vendors charge the same price for its springs.

7. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i have heard the same thing. your not gonna be able to find a much better price. if anything it will be within only a few dollars.

there are 2 places near me, both want $139 each for 6" front springs. one has in stock, the other has to order.

8. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

bds might be more expensive now, but they have the best warantee by far, no questions asked. cant beat it

9. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

thats true James.i'm happy so far. and TJ, did you call Sport truck usa in Whitmore lake??i got Jason that works there a good deal on a bed for his K 10.maybe he can hook us up??

10. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

no i didn't. i called the two closest places that i knew carried BDS. David Allan Racing in silver lake is where im planning on get mine, they stock 'em.

let me know if he can help.

11. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

they stock em at sport truck.hell they make BDS in Coldwater MI.i'll call Jason tommorow.you want a six inch right?