Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking for best 4 inch shackle flip for the price

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RyansRod, Sep 17, 2002.

1. RyansRod

RyansRod 1/2 ton status

Looking at ORD Shacle flip 4 inch brace and also Echobit's 4 inch kit. Have pro comp blocks right now and want to get rid of them with the introduction of my new 14 bolt. Any sugesstions or comments on anyone running either of these kits? I know ORD is good and strong but is it worth the price? Any other kits out there that are good?

2. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

i know alot of people swear by ord. but if i was going to do it, id go with echobit's. it seems alot less work. or if youn are really tite, do the shackle hanger cut out. if you choose not to do that , then go with two wheel drive front spring hangers from a salvage yard or ordered new. there are prolly even more options besides blocks and add-a-leafs that im not remembering, ALL that i have learned from this site. good luck and i hope this helps. btw, some of the cheaper ways of doing the rear are located in the tech section on this site. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. MJF

MJF 1/2 ton status

If you're looking for the echobit shackle flip, I have one new, never installed. Echobits flip says it nets 5 1/2 or so lift.

If you want it let me know. I paid $100 after shipping, will sell for $75.

Mike

4. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

I will vouch for the strength of the ORD flip, I would not have done it any other way /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif . Then again my truck is in the air A LOT /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif . If you don't launch the piss out of your rig, I would go with the echobit flip. You will get a little more lift that way.

5. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

I can vouch for the strength of the ORD kit. I run it on my 79 K10 one ton that I beat the piss out of. (I just broke a D70 rear) The shackle brackets are no worse for the wear. If you are really tight on money, cut yours out at the bottom and reinforce the top.

6. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

when doin the echobit shackle flip, what else has to be done besides bolting on that new hanger?
    and if anything else has to be done what is it? and does it come with it in the kit?

7. big d

big d 1/2 ton status