Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking for Cincinnati Wheelers... Haspin?

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by Quaddawg, Jan 7, 2005.

1. Quaddawg

Quaddawg 1/2 ton status

Hey guys, new to trucks, but ton's of experience on ATV's, like to ride here

http://www.motocrosspark.com/

Lookin for others to meet me there and wheel with a novice (at least I know the 800 acre park!)

Close enough to Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Dayton, Louisville, Lexington etc..

Check out some of these photos (more on the site) they aren't of me or my stuff, but off the Haspin site...

Great place!!

http://www.haspinacres.com/images/haspin_pics_june2004/index.html
    Anyone been there? Anyone like to go?

Let me know!!!

2. TeK

TeK 1/2 ton status

haspin is alright. i prefer the badlands to it. Haspin allows alcohaol in there(some may like it but not for me) and they don't enforce any of their rules. not many off camber or tight and twisty trails but tons and tons of mud pits and some or bottomless. I would in all honesty rather go to the Badlands, Rockport, or Tellico.

3. Quaddawg

Quaddawg 1/2 ton status

I haven't been to the Badlands, but I want to go. For now, it is too far, as I don't have a tow rig, I have to drive there, and hopefully drive out and home, and if I have to find a trailer for the way home, it's only 50 miles...:D HEy TeK, which one are you?:

As far as no twisties....????? Have you been all around the property? There is over 750 acres there, and about the only thing I haven't found is rock crawling.. I have ridden the whole park dozens of times on quads, but never in a 4x4 truck or jeep.. My buddies go there for wheeling, but I am usually somewhere else, on a quad.. this is my first 4x4 vehicle, I am just an ole 43 year old hippie redneck biker type... lol....:cool1: used to 2 wheels, then ATV's later... now it feels nice to have metal all around me... I think I will like wheeling!

Anyone else interested in getting together, say next weekend?

4. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

We go there every Halloween for two or three days. I love riding dirt bikes there on the hare scramble trails. Haven't been back since I switched to a quad. I like it for something different since we go to the Badlands a lot. Haspin is about three hours drive for me. It's not bad for Jeepin' either. We always seem to have a lot of breakage there. Last time we used the welder quite a bit.:grin:

5. Quaddawg

Quaddawg 1/2 ton status

Cool, holler next Haloween, I'll plan an outing to be there too.......

Hey, if you're welding, your doing something right!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. TeK

TeK 1/2 ton status

I'm Johnson county. Yea my dad just picked up a 90 K5 so if you need a trailer I can help you there. We are either gona sell ours outright or trade it in for a gooseneck. Haspins only real twisties are too small for most vehicles unless its like a sami or buggy. There are a few small places to do some rock crawling down by the big mud pit. Other than that most off camber stuff requires at least 38.5" or bigger tires because it is so rutted out. I did the quad thing for awhile but was more into the moto-x part of it. I like the rock crawling at the badlands and the trails are alot more fun imho.

7. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

6.2 Blazer(Brad) is over by Columbus... Maybe send a PM his way..

8. gzzgfw

gzzgfw 1/2 ton status

Haspin is pretty cool. Way muddy.
    Here's a couple of pics from 02. http://www.geocities.com/ncifw/june2002_haspinacres.html

Tek, Are you running in a local club now. Stay tuned to here or Hoosier K5 for some good 05 trailriding. I'm west central in Brownsburg.

If you Ohio K5'ers want to ride at Haspin sometime post up....Maybe we can plan something. I'll hook up with ya all.....

9. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

Seems like everyone has problems there. It's like the Twilight Zone. Part of the "fun".:)