Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking for convertible advice.

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by laketex, Oct 23, 2001.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

We're looking to trade in both the '99 prism and the '96 F150 on a convertible of some sort. Needs to be sporty, but not break the bank with the insurance company. Needs to be reliable, get decent fuel mileage, and a little hp wouldn't be too bad. Something in the V6 range I guess. I'd really like a 5 speed, and it needs to be something we can pick up for about 10K to 12K, 2 to 3 years old max, and under 50K miles... any suggestions?

Been looking at camaros and mustangs. Really hard to find one with a convertible and a 5 speed. And they'll both make the insurance jump quite a bit. Anyone have any suggestions?

Sherman, Tx
    <font color=red>The blazer's almost on the road....anyone got tree fiddy?</font color=red>

2. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

Mitsubishi eclipse? Just a guess, I don't know what they go for [​IMG]

-Aaron

___ __ _ _ ____ __
    AGM73k5 -- ajgm1@yahoo.com

3. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

I"d say either camaro, or camaro, or I guess the eclipse, check the new celica also don't know on price range but they offer a convertable, but that means you have to replace your tools and get metrics. haha

I heard geo metro came in a convertible, and with your price range you can buy 3 or 4 so you don't have to fix them when they die. LOL

later bud

Like em big and topless
    Excuse me...Would you mind removing your import from under my chevy?

4. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

already got the tools...used to own 2 toyota 4x4s...[​IMG][​IMG]

Found a '99 Mitubishi Spyder Convertible with 32K for 11 thousand...going to look at it tommorrow. After I call USAA and see what kind of premiums i'm looking at. I could always take full coverage off my pickup, but then I'd have to start rolling up the windows and locking it...[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sherman, Tx
    <font color=red>The blazer's almost on the road....anyone got tree fiddy?</font color=red>

5. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

chevy cavalier...

offroad baja!!!
    72 4x4 CST Blazer
    71 4x4 CST Blazer
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/ArqDennis>My Pics</a>

6. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

damn, the mitsu spyder will only make my insurance go up $18/month, that's not bad at all. Found out if I drop the full coverage on the ford, add the blazer, sell the prism, and buy the spyder, then I'm looking at a $5/month overall increase. PERFECT. Now to find the car cause that one sold way too quick. Looking for a Mitsubishi Eclipse Sypder NON TURBO (that's what makes the premiums skyrocket)

btw, we were looking into the cavaliers, but the eclipses are so much sportier, if we can find one in the 10K range, we're set!

Sherman, Tx

7. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

yea that's how it was with my sonoma when I got it, I was set on a 91 Camaro RS and the rates on it were actually cheaper than the S truck. But it sold before I got the ol man to go look at it with me. O Well this truck has lasted longer than the Camaro probably would have anyway, it would probably have been parted out years ago. With a tree in the middel or something

Like em big and topless
    Excuse me...Would you mind removing your import from under my chevy?