Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking for CUCV parts

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Moose, Nov 11, 2000.

1. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

Anyone have good pics of front bumper of CUCV or know where to get my hands on one CHEAP.

2. I know I have come across a few websites on the net that offer cucv parts. I am also looking for an m1009 bumper also. I wanted to go for the m1009 look. Since I am at work right now, I don't have time to surf the net to look for the sites, but as soon as I get home, I will get you those site addresses. Do you have a m1009? How about some pics?

3. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

No my K5 isnt a CUCV. I am rebuilding my blazer again so I plan on changing the way it looks. I want to add the front pushbar and box the front, add D-Rings and I might even repaint it to a desert tan.

http://www.toyboxoffroad.com/moose

4. Yeah, I own a blue and white '79 that I want to change the look of, too. Except I'm gonna paint it olive drab with a tan interior, door panels and black rubber mat from LMC. The M1009 is an awesome looking truck. I can't decide on what type of pushbar I want on it yet, but the M1009 one looks tough. Anyone else out there have a green Blazer/Jimmy in a military theme that I can get ideas from?

5. Hey Moose, your truck is sweeeeeet!!! I've always wondered about the steering stablilzers like yours. Are those 2 singles put together, or is that a dual-stabilizer kit? I just have the factory one on my 4" Rancho lift but I wanted to put a dual like the one on your truck. Do they make a significant difference in city driving? My 33" BFGs wander all over the road.

6. 78Blazer

78Blazer 1/2 ton status

heres a pic of mine I bought it at a auction, I plan to repaint it the same color had to put my doors and top on it of off my 78.

[​IMG]

Scott
    78blazer

7. How much did you pay for it? What kind of shape is it in and what are you planning on doing with it? What kind of auction was this? I saw a similar one for sale in San Antonio for 6 grand. It was in awesome shape and was a solid green one like yours. I like the solid green ones more than the camo ones.

8. 78Blazer

78Blazer 1/2 ton status

the blazer is in excellent shape but mine came minus interior,doors,top, motor, trans and tcase. I gave 900.00 for it.

Scott
    78blazer