Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking for Custom Transmission Skid Plate

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Deviant, Dec 29, 2001.

1. Deviant

Deviant Newbie

I was curious if anyone could point me in the direction of an online dealer that sells replacement tranny support/skid plates. I bent my stock one up pretty good and would just as soon replace it with something worthwhile.

2. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I think Con-Ferr makes something along the lines of what you are asking for. I have one of their old, old catalogs (before ORU bought them out) and they show some plates that cover the t-case and what appears to cover part of the tranny, too. Give ORU a call or if you can find the Con-Ferr number or website. [​IMG]

I'm not picking my nose...I'm just pointing at my brain!! [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy>The K30 Collection</a>

4. Deviant

Deviant Newbie

Well normally I would attempt to make my own, but time is a lil short these days. I'm actually looking for a conplete new cross member that supports the transmission (or does it support it at the transfercase, can't remember). The stock one I got caught on a stump or something and bent one side of it pretty good. I have already bent it back, but I'd like a more perm solution.

I was hoping that I could find a complete cross member with a removable skid plate. So that I could still get to everything, without having to get the hydralic jack out and dropping the crossmember.