Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking for D44 hi-steer arms; already searched

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blazinaire, Feb 4, 2003.

1. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

I did a search already and found a set that caught my eye: http://www.ottindustries.com/steering_arms_dana44.html I like the idea of the arms having the rise built into them instead of using spacers, but I noticed that the ends that the draglink/ tie rod will mount to are flat and most other arms (now) are tapered. Is this a big deal? Is there really a serious clearnce issue between the springs and draglink/ tie rod if I were to use a flat arm with no spacer or is that only when using zero rates? I will be using a bent draglink. I would like to do this as cheap as possible, but want to do it right the first time, $310 for the 2 arms seems a bit steep and flat arms are much cheaper. I have already looked at a few other companies arms, can anyone recommend any other hi-steer arms for d44/10 bolts? Your help is much appreciated /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Are D44 arms supposed to have an angle to them???
    The Dana 60s have the 10 degree inclination to them and thus have to have the arms milled 10 degrees the other way to compensate.
    I thought the D44s did not have an angle to them.
    -- Mike

3. moneypit

moneypit 1/2 ton status

Check my post in the 4sale forum /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif