Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

looking for different opinons

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big k5, Jan 8, 2004.

1. big k5

big k5 Registered Member

okay, i need some different opinions.i own 2 k5's one is a 77 that i'm setting up for pure off road the other is an 84 this is the one i need the opinions on. the blazer is in terrific shape,it's actually an old show truck. it's NEVER been off road, it has a 12" superlift,18x39 tires,15x14 alcoa wheels,the truck was put together right,the paint is still original on the truck & shines like crazy,inside is just as nice.
    my problem is i'm tired of driving up & down the PAVEMENT !thats more lift than i want for off road use ?? of course it's lacking 1 ton axels. should i sell the thing? i barely even drive it any more,i can't bring myself to drive this one through a mud hole because the underside looks like its fresh from the factory.what do ya'll think? keep it,sell it,or put it away & forget about it?????????? thanks for your opinions

2. mojo-jojo

mojo-jojo 1/2 ton status

Use it or lose it. That's a decision you have to make for yourself. If you don't show it and you don't want to beat it up, what purpose does it serve you? I'd sell it and use the cash to do what you want to other.

3. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

If your setting up the 77' for pure offroad, then whats wrong with keeping the 84' as a daily driver?

4. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

I'd probably keep it, bring it down a few inches and go with 37's or something for a DD.

If it's that clean I couldn't bear to part with it, but then again I've been known to hang on to cars till they rusted out around me.

5. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Hmmmm what do you want for the 84'?

6. madmike

madmike 1/2 ton status

If you want to keep it, drive it and enjoy it, take out the 12" superlift and run a 6" or 8" lift and 36" tires, then it would be more "streetable".

Think about what you would have to pay, and how hard you would have to look, to find another Blazer in exceptional condition like this one, and let that be your guide as to whether or not to let it go.

Living in Ohio, the rust belt, it sounds like a keeper to me!

7. big k5

big k5 Registered Member

thanks guys for all the opinions.they are all good ideas. i think i'm leaning towards keeping it,then this spring look at lowering it down to a 6" lift & 36's OR 37's.then use it for more of a daily driver.i drive a truck now for my daily use,but i had forgotten how much i loved driving my old 77 with just a small lift & 35's.again,thanks for replying.i belive i would have really regreted selling it.