Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

looking for FLAME seat covers.....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by shane74, Jun 19, 2002.

1. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I can't find any decent ones! Anybody know of place that makes them?? I have been looking for quite some time and I can't find what I am looking for.

My truck is black w/ a flame "theme" if you will. I will be painting red, yellow, and orange flames on it when I get ready to repaint within the next year. I am doing a custom interior, but I need the flame seat covers to make it all tie together.

Any info is much appreciated. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

2. creampuff90k5

creampuff90k5 1/2 ton status

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I dunno how good they (they are pretty cheap cost wise though) are but I have seen them at Target. Also whatever Millers Outpost clothing store is called now... they had some steering wheel covers, seat covers and a few other flame items... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Nope, I've seen them. They are too busy? looking. I am looking a flame pattern similar to something you would see painted on a Harley or something like that. I'll try to find a pic of what I am looking for.

5. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Hmmm. I've looked everywhere but there. I go have a look see!

6. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

You might just get some black seat covers that you like and take them and the color fabric to an auto upolstry shop (or any upolstry shop prolly) and have them put some on there.

7. ChevyCaGal

I am not going to either place today but over the weekend I will look for you and let you know. I know they had them because I was gonna get my mom a set with floormats and the steering wheel cover for her new Honda. My mom drives like a walnut so I thought it was funny... she just rolled her eyes! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Oh yeah found this stuff on eBay... not covers but you might like them! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1837633684
    http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1837839327

8. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I thought about that too. The problem is...I can't find any fabric either! Other wise I would. Ok, fess up, who's hoarding all the flame fabric?? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

9. ChevyCaGal

Walmart is... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

10. muddin4fun

Prolly fabric stores /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Usually walmart has fabric, or craft type places...or the upholstry shop might have some.

Does your truck have several different colored flames? If so, what colors?

11. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Just light them on fire for that authentic realistic look... /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

12. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

FIGURES!! I call that place the $100 store. I can't get out of there w/out spending at leat $100 every time I go! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

13. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I've been to every store in town including wally mart. Nobody has any. I guess I'll have to start trying the upholstry shops. They usually charge a lot. Oh well, sometimes you have to pay for what you want.

14. muddin4fun

One of the neatest looks I've seen are when stuff like flames are stitched in instead of a different fabric so basically you'd have the drawing of the flames in the seat.

15. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I'm a pretty good artist, so I may buy some good quality black seat covers and paint the graphics on. Also, I may check into what it would cost to have them silk screened. I just want them to last awhile is all. i don't want to drop $100 on them only to have them fall apart or get ruined real fast.

I agree, the stiched thing is way cool, but VERY hard to do, and VERY time consuming.

16. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

AH ha ha ha ha....YOU SO FUNNY!!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

17. ChevyCaGal

I'm telling you wait a few days for me to go to the mall and check Millers Outpost (or is it now called Anchor Blue?) and see if they have any.... I am going to Target too soon to buy some towels... if they do I will buy a set and scan a pic of them. Worst comes to worse they suck and I return them... let me know! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

18. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Woohoo! Found the fabric! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif I would post the pic, but I can't figure out how to attach it?? How do you guys do that?

19. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Copy the location bar at the top of the screen, and paste it in the reply.

20. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

That just creates a link right? Does that paste the pic itself into the post?