Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking for good Digital Camera....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 90blzr, Jul 3, 2003.

1. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Anyone have some tips? I've been borrowing friends and I really need to get my own. All I really need one to do is take pics and be able to load them on the computer. I dont really need a fancy one that costs tons of money. Just simple with a few features maybe.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks!/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i know a lot about digi cams kinda. Do you know if you have USB on your computer? what features did you mean when you said a few?

3. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

Knowing your budget would help alot. Also... ebay is a great way to get a decent camera for alot less. I have a SONY DSC-S30 its great, check it out on ebay, you can get one there for around $150 awesome features.

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

For a good, cheap price, Olympus, IMO has the best bang for the buck...

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Clicky For what I would recomened.

6. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

If you have usb I would lean toward a Kodak or HP camera with a docking station. And its by personal preference but I like the compact flash cards (the 1-3/4"x1-1/2"x1/4" plastic cards), not the little credit card type cards (seem they would get damaged easily or lost). The regular floppy disk type cameras are ok, but your not going to go out with a bag full of disks to take pictures for the weekend. I have two 128MB CF cards and I can take over 300pics AND 12-15min worth of videos!

My personal camera is the Kodak DX3600 with docking station, 2.2MP pics are plunty big for any type of use (printing 8x10's, downsize by half for web). I got mine for $294 about a year ago with a 128mb card, docking station, NEW camera, rechargeable battery and shipping!
    Just shop around, took me about a month of serious shopping to find mine /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

WTF is an USB? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Featers...just be able to see the pic after you take it..with the option to erase it or keep it...Maybe that is standard?
    Zoom in and out...
    Nothing fancy...just a nice camera that will get the job done....
    Price range...$100-$150 maybe....not a huge concern...I just dont want to spend a bunch of money on a camera that does all kinds I've stuff I'll never use.
    What are some features to look for?
    Thanks! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

The feature i like about my Sony is the positionable viewing screen. You can take pics from all angles, over your head in a crowd, or to get to something you cant see over, or put the camera in a tite spot somewhere, and position the viewing screen so you can see it with out getting all twisted up under the car or whatever. Also, you can move it out of the glare of the sun when outside.

9. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    WTF is an USB?

[/ QUOTE ]

Universal
    Serial
    Bus

Most digital cameras have what is called a USB cable that is used to connect the camera to your computer so they can communicate to download pics etc. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

In order to use a USB cable, you must have a USB port on your computer.

10. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status