Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

looking for holly 750 or comperable

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mudtruckproject, Feb 15, 2007.

1. mudtruckproject

mudtruckproject Newbie

i have an old 72 blazer that just isnt getting enough juice, i need a holly 750 or something about the same. i have a holly 650 and a carter afb competition 650 i would be willing to trade. the wife doenst give me much money to play with for my truck. if anyone can help that would be great. or if you would be willing to part with it for not a lot of money let me know
    scott

2. rcamacho

rcamacho 1/2 ton status

ebay - $50 for 3310's seems to be the going rate.

3. xpndbl3

xpndbl3 1/2 ton status

downer's grove huh? I'm close to you. So what is the engine combo where a 650 won't cut it? I'd imagine the 650 dp would be better than a 750VS any day of the week. Unless you're spinning this engine up high which typically doesn't happen in a truck I think you'll be fine with the 650.

4. mudtruckproject

mudtruckproject Newbie

i dont know much about carbs but one of my instructors recommened goin to a 50cc diaphram from my 30cc he said it shouldnt bog anymore. where are you located at and what do have

scott

5. xpndbl3

xpndbl3 1/2 ton status

the bog is probably due to not enough pump shot, switch to a blue pump cam and see if that helps. You can also play with the squirter sizes and see what happens.

I have an 88 suburban 3/4 ton with 6" lift and 36s. This spring it's getting a dana 60/14bff swap that's sitting in my garage with 39.5s iroks. Probably pull the 350 engine and put in a big block or build another 383 vortec combo for it. Haven't decided yet.