Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking for home-based work

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by big pappa b, May 14, 2005.

1. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Since the wife is due with child in another month or so we've decided it would be best for her to find some sort of home based computer type job rather than us trusting a newborn in a daycare and paying for it. She types somewhere in the 80-100 words per minute, has a degree in weather technology, 10 years prior Air Force. If anyone has any leads for maybe some data entry type work or needs anything done, shoot me a PM :cool1:

thanks

2. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

mabey some graphic design, they make bank :)

3. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Maybe have her check into some medical transcription stuff. Normally done at home at you pace. Pays decent. Might be worth a look.

4. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

My wife does transcription for a major hospital here in town, from home. She first did it at home for a doctor's office. But later, got the chance to work for the hospital, with all the bennies .. doing the same work, for about as much.

It's a little bit more than just typing, but if she knows, or can learn medical terms etc, then it could be something to look into.

5. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

and how did she find out about these jobs? Local paper or what?

Thanks

6. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

Actually, her friend saw the machine in a pawn shop for cheap, so she bought it. Then she put out the word to some doc's that she ould do their transciption.. (she did trasc. for a clinic before that, but it was at the clinic). The she got a contract with a doc to do all of his trasc. later on she saw an opening at the hospital and applied, and took the test. She got hired. The hospital is better cause the gave her their equipment.. and she does not have to go pick up tapes like she did for the doc. Everything is done over the puter. They also installed 2 phine lines for it, and the hospital pays the bills for those lines. Now, she does not have to leave the house to make about the same money she was making.. and she has medical, retiremen etc.

With her not leaving the house, and my schedule, we hardly spend much for gas.. and both vehicles have very low miles. :D

7. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

hahaha, I wish and I'm sure my roommate wishes that also...
    If you can find work it pays ok, but you also have to have alot of expensive software just to start out

My cousin done this, once a week or so she goes in and picks up old files and does database entry from home to a hospital computer, then she takes back what she has and gets more. Gets paid fairly well but you have to be able to read the doctors handwriting. I think she seen a job ad online and applied, you could probley contact any Hospital HR dept.