Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

looking for long term project... 2wd blazer

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by jjlaughner, Jun 17, 2006.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I'm wanting to start project "Seeing Red" since the drag racing bug is biting...

Looking for a 2wd frame (would like a rust free frame, very little body rot, so this is a request for the southern state guys probley). I can do a little body work but would perfer not to have to redo the floors... Rockers ok, doors, tailgate... I might take the frame if its solid, but if the body mounts and floors are gone I'd have to look at it/be cheap enough to fix

[​IMG]
    :o
    Will accept 4wd frames and good bodies. Found out you can swap the 2wd front parts out of burbs to the 87-91 blazer frames.

I have a rust free front clip and a 454 now, looking for the frame and body...

Last edited: Aug 2, 2006
  2. jjlaughner

BUMP! I have a rust free front clip and a 454 now, looking for the frame and body...

3. Jimbo*

Jimbo* 1/2 ton status

Last time I was in town, I saw a mid 80's 4x4 for sale "as is, $600" I didn't stop to look, but I will today and get pics and other info for you.
    Jimbo

4. jjlaughner

instersting, I stopped and looked at a nice 89 K5 today, looked on the underside and it had the typical homebrew patches.. :doah:

5. virgilh

virgilh 1/2 ton status

to bad your not closer to california in the last 2 months ive parted a few blazers/burbs/pickups :D :D :D Hey i have a idea?? get a list of parts people need to be rust free i have a 28 foot gooseneck flatbed. with enough interest ill put together a load and drive it out there as long as it covers gas and parts ..... im most likely dreamin of selling my rust free parts in the rust full states pm me if you think there is enough interest for a rust free parts haul :D

6. jjlaughner

you guys out west burn up motors pretty quick, how about we trade running motors for rust free trucks :thumb::rotfl:

I could use the 2wd front end parts from under a 87-91 burb and a rust free blazer tub on a 4wd frame (or two wheel drive). This is my long term project, looking at a couple years so keep me in mind if you make a vacation trip this way someday!

7. virgilh

virgilh 1/2 ton status

motors

o yea i average about one every 4 to 6 months its this california gas it pings at 9.0 to one compression with anything over a mild rv cam. :haha: or it could be my foot anyhow ill let you know i have done alot of those swaps you want to do its any front suspension and crossmember (the one in front of the motor where the diverter valve sits) out of a 73-87 chevy 1/2 ton pickup burb will work.

8. SkysTheLimit

SkysTheLimit 1/2 ton status

Need a tranny?? I have a transbrake 2wd Th400 that came out of a camaro drag car I robbed the motor from. Built to the 9's, 1600+HP, manual valve body reverse pattern. Has under 10 runs on it. Car ran low 9's on the 1/4. I also have a slightly less built 2wd TH400 with no transbrake. Was in the same camaro before the first one so it can handle mucho HP.

PM if interested. You mentioned drag racing so I threw it out there. :D

If I wasn't so into the offroad thing, i'd have gone this route with my k5. Send pics as it comes along!

9. PerdidoK5

PerdidoK5 1/2 ton status

There is an early 80s 2wd Blazer here in Pensacola for sale. I thought about buying it for the body. It apears to be in very good shape. It has a built up 350 in it, sounds real good. Mechanic wants $1200.00 for it. I just did an engine upgrade so I dont really need a engine/tranny/driveline.

10. jjlaughner

sounds about what I need also, minus the driveline. Do you have any pics of the truck? Did you stop to look at it? hows the body mounts and floors?

11. Jimbo*

Jimbo* 1/2 ton status

I finally had a chance to look at it- it's gotta have 5 gallons of bondo on it- pure junk. I'll keep my eyes open for you.
    Jimbo

12. PerdidoK5

PerdidoK5 1/2 ton status

I did stop and look at it, didnt see the the body mounts or floors since they are not on my parts list. I heard it run, looked over the body. I can stop and take a pic if you are seriously thinking you would come to Pensacola, FL. to buy ta truck. I could even ask to look at the mounts/floors.