Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking for marketing ideas

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CK5, Feb 7, 2002.

1. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Just looking for ideas, for those of you that can afford it, what would make you sign up for a membership? Just looking for marketing ideas of course.

Steve

Director of Global Expansion

2. shawnboy

shawnboy 1/2 ton status

For what you are asking for memberships, that should be reason enough to join. That and the fact that this is a place for the whole family is what did it for me. Nuff said.
    Shawnboy.

<font color=red>If you are having too much fun it's probably illegal.</font color=red>

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Once guys hang here long enough they realize the value - no offense to the guys that haven't ponied up the $25. I'd personally pay more. This place does sell itself to the users. Best 'attitude' on the net, great tech and a variety of knowledge for all types of problems/modifications.

Now, opening this up to more of the other types...........S-10's, Tahoes, Trucks, etc. which we already have boards for is one of our natural next steps - just have to go recruiting those guys to come here and use your boards, sign up and keep your advertising revenue climbing. With the amount of hits this board gets, seems there should be vendors hoping to advertise here. I know Pirate and Off Road have been around longer, but this place rocks and is growing. I've been here for almost 3 years and can't believe the difference in volume/members/tech knowledge, we just need to help keep it growing and diversifying, AND get the advertising $$ along with it.

Membership privileges I like are free websites, photo galleries, ability to post pictures, and easy access to the site - which was a serious problem for a while but appears to be solved now. These access problems can cause new members and/or non-CK5 addicts [​IMG] to go elsewhere. Growing pains are natural and normal for any business.

Any chance you can pick Shawn's brain about the revenue generating stuff Off Road does?

ONE TON</font color=blue> <font color=green>TPI'd</font color=green><font color=red> BEAST<font color=red>

4. Mudstud

Mudstud 1/2 ton status

If there was a way to hype up the "emediate response" part of the site while advertising on other sites. Dare them to post a question and see how long it takes to get a response. Everyone likes a challenge like this. This won't immediately gain memberships but as more and more people become aware of the site the percentage of people who will want memberships will increase. Honestly, I'm not a member (yet) simply because I get all that I need from this site just by posting my questions on the site. All though the $75 give away each month has got me thinking I need to join pretty soon. Sorry I can't offer more suggestions but I'll think on it.

Mudstud
    <a target="_blank" href=http://communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s/6superliftand33s.msnw>http://communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s/6superliftand33s.msnw</a>
    76K5 6" with 33s, sb400/350/203parttime/3.73-D44/GM12bolt

5. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

One thing that did it for me was the discount's...

And my user name in <font color=orange>ORANGE</font color=orange> j/k.

Eric
    from Freekmont,CA.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.community.webshots.com/user/vwryda> Miscellaneous Debris </a>

6. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

free websites, photo galleries, ability to post pictures,

<hr></blockquote>

I agree. That plus what we get right now would be pretty good benefits IMO.

<font color=green>Can't sleep...the clown will get me</font color=green>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.bluefox.tv/~lara>My Wonderful Site</a>

7. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>I would pay extra to get the tags back. Since we're already getting picture hosting space, it only make sence

8. Danno

Danno 1/2 ton status

You could go the route http://www.thedieselpage.com took with their forums, which was some are public, and some are members only. It may or may not be a good idea for this site, but it's something to consider.

Also, some of the tech writeups on that site (which are incredibly good) can only be viewed by members.

I think what needs to happen is more people proudly displaying some form of CK5 logo on their trucks. When I get my windshield replaced, I'll definately sport a ColoradoK5.com windshield sticker.

There are two K5s in my parking lot where I live. I think I'll print up a quick flyer for this site and stick it on their windshields. My old car club did this, and that's how we got a lot of new members to join. Maybe others could do this as well?

1984 K5 Blazer 4x4 Silverado
    6.2L diesel, 700R4, 3.42 gears, 31x10.5" tires

9. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Kind of off the subject but maybe you could make mudflaps, for those that have to run them, with some sort of CK5 advertising on them? Just an idea.
    Ross

10. Danno

Danno 1/2 ton status

I like that idea. Mudflaps are something a lot of us need, and it's a great place to stick a logo or URL.

In fact, if we had CK5 mud flaps, I would definately buy a pair for my K5, no doubt about it.

1984 K5 Blazer 4x4 Silverado
    6.2L diesel, 700R4, 3.42 gears, 31x10.5" tires

11. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I know I'm still in blue but I will get off my lazy butt sooner or later. Anyway's maybe you could work out a deal with one of the 4x mag's to get a deal on subscriptions for being a member here inexchange for a little advertisment for them. Just a thought.
    Corey 78K5

12. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

That's what I was thinking the other day (posting flyers). I know that someone here made up business cards with their username on it and passed those out. I see sooo many K5s and I always wonder why they don't sport a CK5 sticker ... maybe because they don't know about it. If I had some cards with my username on it I could just stick one under their windshield wiper. I know that would only bring in more users, but some of them would turn into members once they found how helpful the site is. The way I see it is if this site kept me from going to the shop once at $75/hour then my membership has more than paid for itself.

13. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

Did someone call for the marketing department? Sir, I think we need to think big, Global Expansion, I hear Enron has a builiding in Houston, aquiring that would certainly get our name in the New York Times. Think of the hits you'd get having your name printed in every paper in the country. LOL Or maybe just feed them a bunch of hype and look into it real seriously that way the headlines read "Coloradok5.com inquring into purchase of Enron facilities"
    O'well a bit far fetched but that's what us architecture students are supposed to think like

Like em big and topless
    You call THAT...a 4x4....LMAO?

14. donimator

donimator 1/2 ton status

BUILT NOT BAUGHT Mud flaps!!! I would love to put a set of those on my truck. I need mud flaps anyway. What a Great Idea. That would bring in lots of new member I am sure.

73 3/4 ton Chevy. 383 stroker, TH350, NP 205, 14bolt FF(Detroit), Dana 44(limited Slip), 6in. lift, 36x 14.5 super swampers

15. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Here's the one's I use..............given out about 20 in the past few months.............don't recall tho if any of my recruiting candidates are on here [​IMG] <font color=blue> ONE TON</font color=blue> <font color=green>TPI'd</font color=green><font color=red> BEAST<font color=red>[/b]

16. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

BUILT NOT BAUGHT Mud flaps!!!

<hr></blockquote>

Might want to let Steve do a spell check before ordering....

rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

17. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

LOL....Rene

CK5 Condom's?

Eric
    from Freekmont,CA.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.community.webshots.com/user/vwryda> Miscellaneous Debris </a>

18. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

yeah you could print "blazin trails" on em...and make em glow in the dark

Later

Just tap it in...tappity tap tap...

19. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

CK5 Condom's?

<hr></blockquote>
    Would that fall under the body armor category? [​IMG]

20. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Yeah Yeah, and the letters CK5 would glow in the dark! Classy [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/bigkern76>The Blazer Boy Page</a>