Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking for new tires

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TxK5Blazer, May 11, 2004.

1. TxK5Blazer

TxK5Blazer 1/2 ton status

I am looking for a new set of tires for the blazer I was looking at all the major brands and I found the the IROKS are the cheapest. How do these hold up to some daily driving. Also where is the best place to pick up a set....Taz

2. TxK5Blazer

13 views and no body has a response ...TTT Taz

3. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

IMO,

IROKS will not give you the best mileage, wear wise and fuel wise.

I would go with a BFG MT

John

4. TxK5Blazer

This will be driven on the road to and from the trail and to work which is about 2 min each way. With the little I drive the blazer I am not too worried about fuel mileage I am getting about 13-15 mpg now so that is not to bad....Jason

5. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

what size tire are you looking at ?
    if you dont drive a lot of miles on the pavement I would go with a more agresive tire like the irok or a tsl.

and what type of wheeling do you do

6. TxK5Blazer

bob I am still on half ton axles for right now but looking to go to a 36x13.50x15 I do light to mild wheeling some mud and mostly rocks and trails. I will be going to boggers one day down the road but want something more aggressive than the mud terrians I have and something with a bit of sidewall bite....Jason

7. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

If you want 36 I would recommend and 14bolt either sf or ff but some may not agree but has for tires Id go with iroks especially if you dont drive on them much and if you do keep 1/2ton axles the iroks are the lightest out of the swampers which will help with breakage on the trail

8. TxK5Blazer

I am planning my upgrade to a 14bff which I already have and converting the front to 8 lug while looking for a dana 60. I really want to keep 15's though....Jason

9. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    bob I am still on half ton axles for right now but looking to go to a 36x13.50x15 I do light to mild wheeling some mud and mostly rocks and trails. I will be going to boggers one day down the road but want something more aggressive than the mud terrians I have and something with a bit of sidewall bite....Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

then I would go with the new irok they are much lighter than any of the other agresive pattern tires so that will help save your axles and they have a good tread pattern for the rocks and mud.

I have been waiting on them in the 42x14-16s but im getting tired of waiting for them to come out so I just ordered the 42x16.5 tsl and another set of beadlocks from www.stazworks.com
    let us know what you get and post up some pics /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

10. TxK5Blazer

good deal I will keep everybody in formed I will be keeping my 33's too just incase the iroks wear too fast I can go back to the 33's.....Jason

11. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

you can keep the 15inch rims with the 8 lug just grind