Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking for non sagging front lift springs

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by roadhouse66, Apr 30, 2002.

1. roadhouse66

roadhouse66 Registered Member

Hey guys, getting ready to put a 4" lift on my 86 Burby. It's currently a 1/2ton, but swapping in 3/4tons at the time of the lift. I would like a 4" lift with 35" tires. Soon after the lift, I plan on installing a Winch/bumper combo...which wieghs around 200lbs.
    What is a good set of front 4" springs that wont become 2" springs with the wieght of the winch/bumper?

Any help would be great.

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Superlift Heavy Duty's..

3. roadhouse66

roadhouse66 Registered Member

Aren't those stiff as heck? Or is that what I'll be stuck with if I want a winch/bumper combo?

4. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

I have heard good things about procomp springs... but dont know how heavy duty they are. Summit sells them for like 96.00 each. And their shipping surcharge on them is only like 6.00. it is a good deal since they are heavy to ship.

5. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

"What is a good set of front 4" springs that wont become 2" springs with the wieght of the winch/bumper?"

A set of 6" springs?

Not sagging under weight is the exact same thing as high spring rate. High spring rate=stiff ride.

You can always get an inch back by adding a 1" zero rate or some longer shackles. Those things would be easy to take back out if you were removing the extra weight. As an example, I am putting in shackles soon with two upper holes. Then with the hardtop off, I can get an extra 3/4" in the front to level the truck and give more room for the rubber. This will change the pinion angle by less then 2 degrees, too.

6. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

I put a 400lb bumper on my front end with the 4" Rancho front springs (non-HD) and it didn't sag at all. What it did do was make the front end ride better.

7. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

BDS suspension. The springs are pre-sprung so to speak, meaning that they have settled as much as they are ever going to. Plus they have an unlimited life time warranty. It doesn't matter how you break it or how many times you break it, it's replaced free. As soon as I can, I am putting a new 6" system on my blazer. I wish I would have gotten them in the first place.