Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking for northern GA area K-5'ers

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Georgia Mike, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Georgia Mike

Georgia Mike Registered Member

I'm going to take the 6" Superlift and 35's off of my Jimmy, and put it back to stock height. I'm looking to find someone in the northern Georgia area that has stock suspension pieces they want to get rid of at a reasonable price. I need springs, sway bar, 15x8 wheels, 31x10.50's, and stock steering arm. Email me direct @ mnwboatwright@aol.com for more info.

Thanks!
    :D

P.S.-Sorry if this is the wrong forum to put this post!

2. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

You might get a hold of 78Suburban, he just finished a lift on his burb, probably still has some stock parts.

3. Georgia Mike

Can you help me with contact info? Site won't let me have access:(

4. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Well I sent him a PM about it, so he should be able to PM you. IIRC, you can receive PM's but not send them, so if he sends you his number you should be able to get it.

5. neverendingproject

neverendingproject 1/2 ton status

You might find somebody that will be willing to trade also.

6. broncoman6524

broncoman6524 1/2 ton status

anything wrong with it? i might be interested just gotta explain to my parents why the truck aint big enough. What kinda tires are they? btw my spring packs have aals.

7. Georgia Mike

Thanks for the help! If I can't receive PM's, would you direct him to this thread? I'd appreciate it.

I was kinda hoping to find someone that would want to swap their parts + cash for the lift, wheels, and tires.

It's only a year old, and has had only two mild offroad trips on it, mainly just easy trail rides. It's got full Superlift packs front and rear, no blocks or AAL's. Raised steering arm, braided extended brake lines, and some cheap-o shocks. The wheels are Eagle 15x12 589's w/35x12.50-15 Dunlop Mud Rovers with 99% tread remaining (really, I'm not kidding. Less than 3,000 miles on them). Anyone interested in the system contact me at the above email addy.

Thanks!
    Mike

8. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

ha ha, I'm the guy that sent you those emails through craigslist. I can probably end up getting my neighbor to GIVE me a set of stock 52" rear springs, I'll have to talk to him. If I can't get rear springs, would you still be interested in the sway bar, steering arm, and front springs? It may be a few weeks before I'm headed up that way. If you could meet me in columbus, I could sell you all that stuff really cheap.

I've got a cousin in Helen that might come down here this weekend, how far is that from you?

thanks,
    James

9. Georgia Mike

Helen isn't too far away from me. It's around 30-40 minutes away. So, what will you take for the front springs, sway bar, and steering arm? And yeah, see if your neighbor will give you a set of springs, and I'll compesate you for them, too.

Thanks!
    Mike

10. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

My cousin MAY come down this saturday, its still up in the air. If he does, I'll let you know. I'll also see if my neighbor hasn't brought his old 52's to the scrap yard yet.

If he does come down, how does 60 for front springs, steering arm, sway bar sound? And if my neighbor comes up with those rear springs, 75 total?
    Keep in mind, if this is a full restoration, the bushings will need to be replaced. The springs will work with the bushings that are in them, but could benefit from a new set of poly or rubber bushings.

thanks,
    James