Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking for opinions on tire

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by surg82k5, Apr 25, 2001.

1. surg82k5

surg82k5 1/2 ton status

I am just wondering if any one is running or has run RADIAL M-C II® Mud Country the dick cepek tires. I am just loking for opinions on these tires and also on the general MT. I would be looking at geting 33" Thank you,
    Sergio

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

3. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

I've had 2 sets of Generals in the past, and have been generally unimpressed. The first was a set of Grabber MT's, and all 4 started seperating within less than 6 months. The second set was on a C-30 Dually, and these too seperated in a short period (ripping off the right rear fender in the process).

[​IMG]

4. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Sergio,

Yes, I had the Cepek MCIIs a few years ago, in 35''. They were great off road, really good traction and seemed to be tough (never had any punctures). They wore decent on the street, not good, but not bad either. My major gripe with them was that they tended to "vibrate" when coming to a stop or at slow speeds, really got annoying, and got worse as they wore down.

The General Grabber is the SAME tire, in fact I heard that General made them for Cepek, so I would go with that one if you are gonna buy 'em, they are always cheaper. I went back to BFG Muds and am glad I did, just a better tire all around...