Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking for pics

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by PsychoticDeadGuy, Dec 21, 2005.

1. PsychoticDeadGuy

PsychoticDeadGuy 1/2 ton status

I saw a gas tank mounted in the bed of a K5, the tank was all painted up all black and pretty like:haha: but i have searched and cant find the pics im looking for. i am getting ready to mount my tank in the bed but just want to see the pics again. thanks if someone can locate them for me.

2. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

3. DougK20

DougK20 1/2 ton status

I had a picture on the web like that for a while. But it was in the bed of a pickup. Unfortunately, I can't find it now either!

Basically I used a 31g K5 tank in the bed of my pickup. I had it painted, hoses & wires tied up nicely, and chained to the bed. It looked pretty good for what it was.

Make sure you put something between the tank and the bed of the vehicle. I used a big NAPA rubber mudflap upside down. Perfect size and only $5.

I ran with my tank in the bed for a year. Later I tossed the bed, but reinstalled the tank exactly as before. Imagine a pickup bed in this pic and you'll get the idea.

[​IMG]

4. PsychoticDeadGuy

PsychoticDeadGuy 1/2 ton status

i fount the exact pics i was looking for in that thread. thanks.

But i really like the flat bed that Doug did. Too bad I have a K5 and still want passengers.

I saved the pics this time so if i am looking for them again then i have them. I will post pics of mine because i am not only putting it in the bed but also moving it forward. i had to lose a crossmember to get it done. still need to make the big arse hole though. thanks guys.

5. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

I dont know if your FI, but the tank I have, used to be marv's, he had a hole cut in the floor, then the huge fuel cell sticking through in the stock location.

mine is right over the rear axel and flush with the frame...dont for get the skid plate to protect the abs though!

6. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

This is a 28 gal tank and I barely got it to fit between the body mounts front to back. Do some serious measuring before cutting if your wanting to push it forward anymore than what I did.

Note the position of the rear body bolts. Also I turned my tank 90 degrees from stock.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]