Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking for Pics

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by spencerjw, Oct 6, 2001.

1. spencerjw

spencerjw Registered Member

I am looking for pics of 90 K5's. I am currently looking at a 90 as well as an 86 (great shape for the year) to buy and am torn between a few of the features. Can anyone help out some?

I love the Power rear window, what years had that as an option?
    I do not like the "fixed" seats in a few that I have tried out. Meaning the seats that do not have the adjustable back piece. What years/models (Silverado, etc) did those come in? If possible, and afordable, what would it toake $$ wise and work wise to repalce them with a new seat, and maybe one that comes with the right arm rest that is on the inside part of the seat? (right side for driver, left for passenger).

I think those two (or 3) items are all I am really debating on. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, and I am highly looking forward to becoming part of this awesome group!!!

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

First of all, welcome to CK5!!! One hint- fill out your profile so we know who you are and where you live. There might be a member a block away who can help you out..you never know!

Every mid-80's K5 that I have seen has had the electric rear window. I know that some guys here have manual rear windows, but I would assume it has something to do with the trim level(cheyenne, silverado etc...) the truck came with. I have the power setup and wish that I had a manual one. In fact, when my power window totally dies I'm going to swap in a manual crank.

I've never seen a Blazer with adjustable buckets either. What's wrong, don't you think that they're comfortable[​IMG]??? A few guys have swapped in seats from other vehicles without doing too many modifications. If I was to ever decide to redo the front seats, I would go with a 40-20-40 setup. There's a local manufacturer who makes a great bolt in saet for my Blazer with a fold down armrest in the middle(kinda like newer Dodge seats). The passenger seat slides way forward to allow easy entry into the back, and both driver and passenger seats are on seperate tracks with adjustable backs. They can even match the factory upholstery!!!!

Anyway, I probably didn't help too much but I'm sure someone will come along who can offer some better advice.

<font color=blue> WE WILL NEVER SURRENDER<font color=blue>

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I think the electric rear glass started around 81 or so. The fully reclining seats would have started about 86 or 87. My 90 seats are fully adjustable.

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

4. Can Can

Man!!! You mean I missed having comfortable seats by 2 years????? [​IMG] I'd better not let my wife know that because I've always told her that the passenger seat is ALWAYS uncomfortable in a Blazer.......[​IMG]

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

[​IMG] Seats from 86 and up are actually pretty good for a GM product. The passenger seat moves diferently for rear access too. It tips forward and slides to the front of it's track, but the seat back is the only part of the seat that tips forward instead of the whole seat like the earlier seats.

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

6. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

my old 79 was full electric. I looked at a 86 Blazer in Dallas that had great seats! The guy put 99 chevy power seats in it an oh my they were so comfortable.

7. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

my old 79 was full electric. I looked at a 86 Blazer in Dallas that had great seats! The guy put 99 chevy power seats in it an oh my they were so comfortable.

8. spencerjw

spencerjw Registered Member

I did fill in my profile, well, most of it anyway. So far most people have helped out a bit. What I really need to know is weather the 90 Blazer comes with the power window IN the gate or if it has the lift window attached to the roof (like my father's 93 Sport has). Also, what year did they go to the Uni-Body (meaning non removable rear top)? His 93 Sport has iot and I am debating on getting the Uni or the ones like the 80's have.

Spencer Winegarden
    spencer\@winegarden.org
    AIM - DrDiesel21
    ICQ - 37550428

9. Can Can

K5s have neither the non-removable top or the flip-up tailgate glass. Of this I am almost positive. Both of those started when GM moved from what we call K5s to the newer Tahoe or Blazer.

10. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

If you want to see some pics of a 90 Blazer. Click on the link below to my photo gallery. its an 89 Silverado but they are exactly the same as a 90.
    It has the power windows, comfortable reclining seats, removable top
    Also the 88s thru92 came with fuel injection and a overdrive tranny. which really help on the fuel milage.

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Thunders-Blaze>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Thunders-Blaze</a>
    <font color=blue>NEVADA: Where the pavement ends, and the West begins.</font color=blue>

11. TXBIGFISH

TXBIGFISH 1/2 ton status

I've got a 81 full electric Jimmy. I found some seats at a conversion shop here in town for $170 a pair out of a Chevy van. Also how hard is it to convert the electric rear to a manual rear glass my motor is fryed and wont go down. Suggestion, from the years i've dealt with Chevy's I would definately go with manual mirrors and tailgate if I could, I've always had trouble with the motors. I keep spares in the garage! I hope this helps.

&lt;*)))&gt;&lt;

81" GMC Jimmy.............stock for now!
    I see a 6 inch lift in the near future!

12. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

1990 Silverado K5 4x4 <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/uav.shtml>http://coloradok5.com/uav.shtml</a>

Steve

Bandwidth FREE ZONE

Mall-Running poseur 4x4 with curb-feelers

13. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

1990 K5 in the site below.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.moabdadc22.alloffroad.com/>http://www.moabdadc22.alloffroad.com/</a>Real four wheelers don't need tools to remove body panels, paint, tail lights..etc.