Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking For Places To Wheel...

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by lansodw76, Mar 3, 2005.

1. lansodw76

lansodw76 Newbie

I'm located about 20 minutes from the Bonnet Carre Spillway ouside New Orleans. The spillway was closed to 4x4s sometime last year. I'm looking for some close (100 miles max) places to go play. Anybody got any ideas ?

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

If you find any, let me know.

3. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Do you want mud or trails?

If you want trails with small hills and washouts there's a decent place here in Mobile (I know, more than 100 mi) called Miller's Park. In fact, there are some La4x4 guys here this weekend riding with a local club (there's a post on the La4x4 board about it).

If you want mud then you might want to contact Chris at the Perf Off Road store in Gulfport (he's the owner). There are some really good power lines in that area that can get real nasty, real quick.

:thumb:

4. ratzila

ratzila 1/2 ton status

They're trying to open a mud bog/trails in Mississippi northwest of Gulfport. Like nvrenuf said Chris Montgomery of Performance Offroad migh know more info of upcoming rides. Do you know the guy from LA that drives the Nastigator - Lincoln Navigator on 44" boggers. Thats one bad azz truck. We saw him at the mud bogs in Poplarville,MS. He didn't make it all the way but a heep with rockwells & 53" michelins didn't make it. I need to get a digi camera. There was a burb on rockwells with dual rear 53" michelins:saweet: . He could not run becuase of a broke front driveshaft:mad:

5. lansodw76

lansodw76 Newbie

I don't know the guy, but I see that thing parked outside of Mac's wrecking yard all the time. It's only about 10 minutes from my house. I have to go there real soon to get a 14bff. I'll ask who owns it.

6. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I believe it belongs to the owner of the salvage yard.