Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

looking for pulley/bracket kit ideas

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sweetk30, May 30, 2006.

1. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i am trying to finish my moms 73 stang. but i have run in to the major baskit case blues. missing this bracket and that pulley. i have looked at march performance kits but :eek1: the prices are not in my range.

so does anyone have any other ideas? and junk yard newer stuff is to much mods for me to address at this time.

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Not sure if this is a GM only thing that Ford may have done better with, but I went through the same deal on my truck. There are so many different pulley combinations (offset, belts, etc) that if you don't get one complete from a donor, none of them line up. :(

Again knowing almost nothing about Ford motors, I'd think there would be plenty of private people parting out vehicles that you could pick over for a lot less than a wrecking yard, even if it meant taking the water pump, alternator, PS pump, etc.

If you've got one of those "bargain traders" or "thrifty nickle" type publications, they are usually full of people parting out vehicles. I hate looking at those, always see too much potential good stuff. :)

Just an idea!