Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking for replacement body panel

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cuervo, Jul 26, 2004.

1. cuervo

cuervo Wears Boob Goggles! Premium Member

Hey, I know what you're thinking replacement body panels, why?

Well the door striker in the drivers side had broken out of the body. It seem to have been JB welded at some time. I notice it getting lose so did what all of us do. Took it apart to find out why.

Well when I did the JB finished coming apart and the I could see there were cracks an inch long coming from the center of the hole and the backing nut fell inside the frame of the cab.

I need to find that door piller that has the striker on it. Not sure what would be the best way to do this but I was thinking about cutting five inches out of there and then just tig weld the area with the striker back on.

Any ideas and vender that sells these?

Thanks!

2. cuervo

Anyone have a rollover they are parting out that has a good drivers side B piller I can get?

3. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I don't think anybody makes a replacement section. I have welded up the cracks and plated over it. But the nut falling? thats gonna be a pain! never had that come off.

4. cuervo

Yeah, looks like I'm headed to the junk yard to cut a piller out of an old truck. I'll probaly end up using a plasma cutter to cut out the old part an then just patch it in.

Thanks for looking.