Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking for seat brackets

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigdon-70blazer, Sep 28, 2006.

1. bigdon-70blazer

bigdon-70blazer Registered Member

I am looking for seat brackets for 1970 blazer, CST type seats. Any help out there?

2. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

what is the difference between the CST and non-CST, i was not sure there was any. The passenger seats have a release handle onthe back. There are some with short handles which are 69-72, then there are those with the long handle which are 73-75. are you looking for the front or rear?

ARQ.

3. vtblazer

vtblazer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

No difference for a CST or non CST but there is a difference if their utility buckets.

ARQ's correct on the handle changes and years of each.

4. bp71k5

bp71k5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

I have a 71 CST body and bought some seats from a standard 72 and the mounting holes are about 2" farther back than the seat bracket holes. It's not a big deal to drill holes, but you might want to measure front to back hole spacing when buying anything. Who knows if the seats are original, but it can't hurt to make sure.

5. bigdon-70blazer

bigdon-70blazer Registered Member

I should have said the seats that are not the utility bucket type. I have the utility buckets but wanted the other seat in my truck. these are the front seats by the way and thank you so much for all of your input!