Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking for Seat ideas

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ROYS70, Aug 28, 2002.

1. ROYS70

ROYS70 Newbie

I have a 70 Blazer and I'm looking to replace the seats. From what I've seen from reading here, finding the actual seats isn't a problem, but I need some ideas on where to find the seat brackets ! I have checked LMC, don't have them. Tried a few junkyards, but no luck yet. Looking for the brackets for both sides and a reasonable place to buy aftermarket seats (low back) as well.

2. 91k5NC

91k5NC 1/2 ton status

hey i have a seet of low back buckets if you interensted. blue.

3. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

You can have some one fabricate some brackets. My seats sit on 1.5" square tubing welded together with flat tabs at the original bolt holes. Also, if your going to put a roll cage in, a lot of people mount their seats to the cage.

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

www.seatsource.com - got my Flofits there, they have all kinds of choices AND the bolt in brackets.

5. ROYS70

ROYS70 Newbie

Thanks for the feedback, this will give me a good place to start. Thanks again !

6. silver

silver Registered Member

hey i have a 1970 blazer too and i just have best top jeep seats in it, i don't know how they got in there though because the previous owner put them in.

7. ROYS70

ROYS70 Newbie

Thanks, I've been looking around for different seats that would work. I'm trying to find a reasonable set of "new" style Tahoe seats. I've seen them in a '73, they look good.

8. silver

silver Registered Member

tahoe seats are indeed very cool, i saw them in a 1st generation pickup once too and they are bad ass, i tried to get some too... but just a warning- when you find them they are going to be VERY expensive. the best set i found were going for like 1,000 for two and they weren't even in the best condition (leather)

9. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

Guy around here on www.southeasttexas.com had a set out of a truck I think, should be the same though. Cloth for $400 or so.

10. Bill4rest

Bill4rest 1/2 ton status

I used 87 Honda Accord seats. The slider's are perfect placement for me. All you need to do is make a braket(witch is ver easy if you have access to a welder)