Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking for seat mounts...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by gpd4, Jul 25, 2002.

1. gpd4

gpd4 Registered Member

Jun 25, 2001
    I hit the U-Wrench-It over the weekend and picked up a nice (well...nicer) set of front bucket seats with armrests and they recline and all the bells and whistles in a 78 K5, but I did not take the brackets for them. None of the holes in the new seats line up with the holes in the old brackets. The passenger side that flips up has the rear hook bracket on it, and it's a little mangled, but I saw that bending that piece was the only way to mount the seat. What I'm getting at is....are there any "universal" seat brackets out there, or should I go back on Saturday and get the brackets out of that truck - and the matching back seat...
  2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Jun 9, 2002
    I'd go back for the brackets and back seat. I have made my own brackets when I worked at a fab shop and it isnt hard with the right tools. But with out them go get the factory stuff. BTW you dont have a 77 or earlier blazer do you? The floor pans are different on those.