Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking for some 19.5 inch tire suggestions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ARAMP1, Mar 22, 2006.

1. ARAMP1

ARAMP1 Aviator Extraordinaire

Well, I just talked to John at Stazworks about him building some 20 inch rims for my dually. :thinking: The plan was to run a Mich 41 inch tall XZL tire. :D John was saying that the dually rims are a little bit harder to make and he figured that the price would be aprox $480 a piece :eek1: for a 10 inch wide 20 inch diameter rim (that's powdercoated with internal beadlocks and any design I want in the center). Well, I need six. $2900 plus shipping (and I'll still have to buy tires too :shocked: ). He said he could do a 19.5 inch dually rim for about half as much, which is closer to my price range. I've looked, but I can't find any off road tires in a 19.5 inch. Anyone know of any? :what:

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

not much in them as thay are med truck tires for that rim size. sorry.:o

3. ARAMP1

That's what I was thinking. Don't see many medium dutys in the mud with all four (six) wheels spinning.

4. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

Have you looked at Ricksontruck.com

Are wanting an all out off road tire, or just something with some meat to it?

5. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

c4500 chevy!!!!

there are many traction tires out there... even in 19.5.... alot coming form overseas that have knarly treads.. like chinese miltary tires...
    I googled when i was looking onto this

Im still looking for a set of p30 dually van rims.. they fit our trucks with no mods... alas they are super hard to find

cam

6. ARAMP1

I'm from Missouri, please SHOW ME. I googled and can't find anything. BTW, what's the deal with the P30 rims?

7. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

P30 rims are 19.5's and have 8-6.5 lug pattern.
    I believe these are what he's refering to.

1926148802913qEvDwu_ph.jpg

8. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/15-19-5-Firestone-set-of-4-used-Truck-Tires_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ66477QQitemZ8050248286QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWINQ3aPOST0Q3aRECOQ3aBID

these are used ones on ebay... contact any medium duty tire place in your area for options.. there are alot of them by all the big truck tire makers.. 19.5 is still a popular size for lo-pros and tow trucks and anything under 21 k....
    I googled and found a number... so try again

run 19.5 truck tires and start going thru the links

I hope this helps a little

and yes.. the pic posted with the v truck is what Im talking about... they are super hard to find and usually have seen a hard life on delivery and work vans... Ive searched the junkyards where I live and had the junkers try their net and nothing..Ive also posted here and on pirate several times looking for a set...
    Ill probably go with a local calif company.. stockton wheel.. cheaper than rickson.. especially with the shipping across country... and stocktons are more of the look I like.. kind of industrial looking

cam
    cam

9. ARAMP1

Oh, I found plenty of tires, just not ones that I wanted. I'll probably end up going with the 20 inch. It seems that there are so many more tire options. I just got an e-mail back yesterday from Stockton and they said that they couldn't do a 20 inch dually wheel. Guess I'll have to pony up the coin for a set of Stazworks. Should be worth it though. Thanks anyways.