Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking for some prayers

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 79k20350, Apr 16, 2006.

1. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

I just got a call that my best friend broke his back racing yesterday. he may never walk again. hes 36 with two kids a wonderful wife. im headed up to new hampshire right now to be there when he gets out of surgery. I just need someone to tell. If you guys could give a little prayer for him it would me the world to me. I just cant believe that something you love so much can hurt you so bad. ive never been in tears like this before. sorry if im rambling but i can barely comprehend whats goin on at the moment. thank you guys

2. BlazenHeart

BlazenHeart 1/2 ton status

You all will be in my prays

:frown1: What a thing to happen on a holiday weekend, it is amazing what love (no matter what kinda) does to a person. I wish him & his family the best, and you as well. The best thing to do, for yourself & his family, is be strong.

3. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

I have said a prayer for your freind and his family. I pray for him to pull through without any residual handicaps.

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

him and his family has my family's prayers

5. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

Best wishes for your friend. One thing to remember, amazingly enough many people do recover well from spinal cord injuries. one of the guys that works at my fire station broke his back many years ago, and is probably one of the most athletic guys there..

My hope is that your friend will also have as good of an outcome.

6. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

We're praying for your friend, and you as well.

T

7. dogdaysunrise

dogdaysunrise 1/2 ton status

thats rough man... you and your friend and his family have my thoughts tonight.

8. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

done prayed for him and his wife and kids bro.

9. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

prayers to you and your friend...

Ditto!!...:eek1: ..:( ....

10. docgab

docgab 1/2 ton status Premium Member

you got it. Prayers and best wishes.

11. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sorry, prayed fer y'all and him!

12. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Thanks guys (and gals) its much appreciated. We are at darmouth hospitol in NH. Surgery went great but theres still not much hope for him to walk again. ill keep my myspace blog updated as much as possible but i wont be able to get at a computer that often.

http://http://blog.myspace.com/ktm233nick

13. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

my prayers are with you and your friend my man.

I had this same conversation with a bud this past weekend, he lives back east in Vermont. he got back into racing about two years age at age 36. he raced as a teenager. well it fanally happened, he told me about four months ago he cased a tripple on his 450 and bulged two discs in his back, and sprained both ankles. now he is misserable cause of the pain. this is exactly why I have slowed way down with my dirt bike riding. anothed bud is going in for shoulder surgery on the 26 of this month on his birthday no less cause he has dislocated it so many time he can pop it out at will. when he rides it comes out all the time anymore. it first happened years ago while riding.

I still want to ride. especially with my son as he gets older. hes only four right now, but does have a crf50. I dont really want him really getting into racing so much anymore. street bikes, wont be ridden under my roof.

another bud told me yesterday that two people we know got recently hurt while racing is seperate incedents. they are a couple. Scott races expert desert and his wife races desert aswell. he broke his femer and ribs and collor bone in a crash. she is busted up so bad she will never race again.....if she ever walks again.

hope your bud makes a full recovery.

14. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

He always said he'd ride until he couldnt walk anymore. Its what he lived for. Thats what we did on weekend. Him, his family, and myself, and another family would go racing every weekend. It was something that we all loved to do. his son devin (who is 7) raced. His daugheter megan (who is 4) His daughter megan just started to ride. Both of them love it. i cant imagine what it would be like to look at either of them and say they cant race anymore. its something alot of people dont understand but its not just a hobby or a sport. This is our lives. The atmosphere at the track, the people you meet, spending time with the family, its all part of it. i just cant comprehend it all. id just give anything to go back to last weekend when it was all of us packing up to go home and everyone was safe and healthy. i just dont know what to do

15. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Prayers sent.

Do nothing but be there for him. Do as much as you can and then maybe try to do a little more. I've never been in this exact situation but, being there and not pushy has always been my best course of action.

Good luck!