Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking For Someone

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Bruiser, Mar 1, 2003.

1. Bruiser

Bruiser 1/2 ton status

I have a odd request. I used to frequent this board often when I first got my Blazer. I then started a new career which put away from computers for a while (now I am back with a very nice new laptop) There was a gentleman who sent me a front driveline to me before I moved to Idaho. I was having Financial difficulties and he told me to pay him if I could. I have never forgoten this and now I am doing fine. But have lost most of my papers (long story) and my desktop. So I figured I would try and see if he still frequents this board. I would now like to contact him and repay him for his kindness. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

And if your not him don't even try saying you are, I have already thought of question to ask him to make sure he is the guy. Since we talked over e-mail multiple times. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

I gotta say this is a real stand up thing to do. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

I second that Pureinsanity. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Bruiser what can you tell us of the guy your looking for. What state did he live in, what kind of truck and color stuff like that. If you can remember ok.

4. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

hey man, this one is going to the top. this is a GREAT thing to do. some of the folks should read this and do the same.
    Grant

5. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

Yep, i concur. You sound like a good feller /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. chevyman_400

chevyman_400 Registered Member

I wish more people were like you my self inculded /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. Bruiser

Bruiser 1/2 ton status

Well don't want to give out to much information since don't want any scammers trying to get anything out of me. But where he lived right after he sent it to me (would of been back Sept or Oct of 2000) I couldn't contact hime because he had to leave his house or was worried about it because of the wildfire in the area. Maybe this will spark some recognition. Either it has been to long or I never asked what type of blazer he had but i had the impression he had quite a few parts laying around. Since he sent me a front driveshaft and wasn't concerned about it.

Thanks

8. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

Been helped myself.I try to pass it along and hope others do too. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Now that is some integratey !!!!!!! Major respect for you. Not meny people would try to contact someone to pay off a old debt. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. Bruiser

Bruiser 1/2 ton status

Now if I can just find him :P If he does turn up hope he e-mails me to the e-mail on my profile here. Going offline in a few hours. I am limited when I can get only since I drive Semi-truck. I get online using WiFi at certain truckstops but it isn't widespread enough to be regular yet. I do check my e-mail every couple days though.
    /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

11. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I know you don't want to give too much away, but you might need to tell us more. Maybe someone knows him? If he doesn't frequent the board all the time he'll never see this... just leave out one fact about him so you'll know it's him but tell us enough so we can help find him... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Do you remember off hand where this person is from ??? If so, post the city/state and we might be able to help get you in touch with them.

13. Bruiser

Bruiser 1/2 ton status

He was in Colorado somewhere. Don't remember where exactly. I think in the north, remember the bad fires they had. Well guess they have had fires every year for the past couple /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Good clue, should help.

15. blueturd

blueturd Registered Member

Did you put a post up about the shaft on a board before you PMed him, maybe you could search and find him /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif...

16. Highjaxx

Highjaxx 1/2 ton status

Wish I could help. Good luck. It will come back to you.

17. JeremyK5

JeremyK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I sent you a pm, I hope it can help you. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. Bruiser

Bruiser 1/2 ton status

One of our fellow posters found his name in one of my old posts (now how bored he must of been but thanks /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif ). Now to see if he is still around on here or someone knows him. His name is Stephan Van Leir . Thanks for all your guys help.

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif