Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

looking for that website that has the custom hubs.....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jjlaughner, Jun 20, 2004.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I'm wanting to put in the 14boltFF but need to stay at 6lug. Seems like someone awhile back posted a link to a place that does custom hubs. I'm wanting a hub that 6lug for a 14bolt and then use a 6lug rotor and backing plate for disk brakes /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

sound crazy /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Anyone have a link to that site /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

Or I'll just scrap the whole idea and buy the adapters to stay at 6lug and gain some rear axle width also. Would like to move to a disk brake setup though and I dont really want adapters on the DD, but what the he!!. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Those hubs cost like $600 a pair. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif A set of 8-lug wheels is WAY cheaper than that!

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Why stay 6 lug? What have you got to lose? All you're running is ralley wheels anyway.

5. jjlaughner

Actually you can get the full 6lug hub with disk brake setup (no ebrake) for (starting at) $450.
    [​IMG] /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

On the DD I had never planned going 8 lug, dont want to mess with the swap on the front, dont want to mess with the extra work to pull the tires off (more lug nuts /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif), buying new 8lug rims right now is out of the question, esp since I just got 35x12.5x15 MTR's put on my stock rallies, and all the parts I have collected for my 8lug 10bolt swap are going on my project truck. If I done the swap I'd find all the parts again (more money, plus the 8lug rims) and have to do grinding and all that stuff then I couldn't go to alloy wheels I'd be stuck with steelies in the future until I bumped up to a 16" (planning on some 15x8 mickey thompson classic locks next spring) and then I dont want to have an $800 set of tires sitting in the garage and have to buy new to fit 16" rims. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I'm just looking into other options /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif
    why go the same-old same-old route, when something else will fit my needs better /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

It would be like ordering a set of 5" lift springs because 4" aren't enough, then I would have a set of 4" lift springs sitting in the garage and casue myself alot more work than tossing in a set zerorates to gain the inch I want /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

Why buy all the front 8lug parts, do the swap, buy 8lug rims and be stuck with 15" steelies, when I could easily do the 14bolt hub swap AND gain disk brakes probley for not much more than the new 8lug parts and new rims then still be stuck with drum brakes on the 14bolt /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

6. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Ya know, i went through the same decision making you are trying to finger out, Finally i just said f-it, and did the 8 lug conversion, actually i found a pretty good deal on a 3/4 ton front axle at a junk yard with 4.10's in it, so i grabbed it, the reason i went 14bff on the rear was i broke the original 10 housing, not the carrier, but the actual housing, just bought me some stock 6.5 wide steelies, and will be buying new wheels in the next month or two.

I personally feel after doing the swap, i made the right decision.

BTW TonyP makes some adapters from 8 to 6 lug, that was another option i was considering.

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Reason I see, 15" aluminum rims. Only real reasons I could see for going 6 lug.

8. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

The 14FF hub is too big for stock 6-lug rally wheels.

The 6-lug spacer/adapter and 6-lug conversion only work on aftermarket (or stock import) wheels that have the larger center hole. Even still, the hubs and axles need to be turned down a little bit.

9. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

do you have the 14bff already for the DD? if not just get a 14bsf 6 lug out of a 88 and newer light duty 3/4 ton truck, youll have to move the spring pads, but its 3" wider than the rear axle in your truck /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

10. jjlaughner

[ QUOTE ]
    do you have the 14bff already for the DD?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah basically, just have to go pick it up...