Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking for the best all around gooseneck hitch

Discussion in 'Tow & Trailer' started by K5DRAGER, Oct 7, 2003.

1. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

Looking for a gooseneck hitch for my 88 crewcab. Prefer it to be one that will hide under the bed or flip it upside down so the bed will be flush when not in use. I've heard some good things about the B&W turnover setup but would like some more input. Thanks

2. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

I have one but cannot remeber the brand. I will look into it. It mounts under the bed and we cut a little hole in the bed. There is a release mounted in the fender. I pull the handle and pull the ball out. Then there is a rubber plug that mounts in the bed. Loks good and out of the way.

3. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Check out Buyer's Product hide-a-way gooseneck hitch. I tried to find a website but couldn't come up with one. I used to sell them at a truck equipment store I worked at. They are a really stout unit. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

I know it may be a bit late (haven't been on the forums in a while), but I would recommend the B&W Turnover ball. You can find them NIB on eBay for under $300. Having an empty bed when you want is a nice feature. Another big advantage of the B&W is the companion 5th wheel hitch that you can get as well. I will soon be getting a 5er and needed a multi-purpose hitch. They are also fairly easy to install. A few tools and about an hour and it's all done.