Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking for tint...

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by Cmoe, Aug 21, 2003.

1. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Well I want to tint the windows on the k-5 but my old supplier is no longer around.... Any one have a good source for good quality (limo) tint. in small quanity....

2. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

The local Pep Girls should sell it. I thought of doing it myself too. The last time I did it was over ten years ago and I think this time I'll just pay the $100~ and get it done by a pro. I know, High School drop outs do it but they are still pro's /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I bought some off e-bay.

4. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

The tint at Part Pushers like Pep Girls and such SUCK!!!! I want good quallity tint. It is so much easier to tint with the good stuff compared to that crap....

5. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

The "PROS" do a good job and use god tint. I got all my windows done for $130. And it has a lifetime warranty!

6. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

The ones around here want $185- to tint the two doors (35%)and the tailgate (limo). I have tinted and can do as good of a job as they can their just faster than I am since I don't do it for a living. Worked for a glazing company that and had to learn how to tint for replacement glass.

7. K5Glazier

K5Glazier 1/2 ton status

Craig, I work for a glazing outfit now and we use "Az. Sun Shield". The guy claims he gives us a discount, but when I ask him to tint our Cad., he quoted $130. Really don't know if thats a decent price or not. If your interested, let me know.
    Joe