Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking for Trails in Payson, AZ

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by therobzilla, Jul 31, 2006.

1. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Guys,

I'm taking the kids and wife to Payson this week, Thursday thru Sunday. I need to find some trails to run, more like mild sightseeing stuff. Since I won't have anyone to partner with. Is there anything really cool to do or see up that way??

Never been up to Payson, so I'm kinda lost as to what to do other than hand out at the campsite for the 4 days and that could get kinda old.

Does anyone know of some ideas??? Rockhounding, senic fire roads, shooting????

Help a brother out.......

Need to have some fun with the kids for the long weekend before they head back to school next week.

Even some suggestions for camping would be cool. I'm taking up the trailer.

Post UP!

Thanks,
    Rob & Family

2. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

I'll ask Dad. They have a cabin up there and they've been exploring a bit. He might know of some more challenging stuff than their 2 wheel drive Sub can handle.

3. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

payette draw. It is fun and rock crawler worthy (check out pirate for pics). There are some neat roads around forest lakes (30 mins east of payson). Most take you right through the middle of the rodeo chetasky (sp?) fire. Kinda neat.