Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking for Trick Box, for O2 sensors

Discussion in 'The Injection Section' started by 4bynut, Jan 16, 2007.

1. 4bynut

4bynut 1/2 ton status

Hey everyone i have a 96 GMC sonoma 4x4. It has a stock vortec 4.3 with a 4L60E. Anyway a friend said there is a company that makes a electronic box or set up that you plug in to trick the computer. It allows you to run a real high flow exhaust. Anyone know who makes them. I'm plannig on doing a SAS with 35" tires. I thought maybe i'd get a little more power out of the 4.3 until i am ready to swap in the 400 SBC. Thanks Jason

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

No reason to need something like that. Maybe a heated O2 sensor, but the only thing you are tricking by fooling the O2 sensor is yourself.

He might be talking about the "rear" O2 sensors that monitor cat converter efficiency, but again, if they work right, I see no reason to try and fool the computer.

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Yeah the only thing out there is an O2 sensor simulator. But as Dorian said. It is just for the rear O2 sensor. It allows you to remove the Cat without lighting the CEL.
    There is nothing for the front sensor(s). It is vital for proper operation of FI.

4. 4bynut

4bynut 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys, for the input. I was looking in summit and they have high flow cats fairly reasonable. So I might just buy one of those for it and forget about trying to trick the computer. Thanks again Jason

PS. Does anyone have any recomendations for a cat back system. I need one that would sound good behind the 4.3L in this sonoma.

5. SoCal90k5

SoCal90k5 Registered Member

I have a few friends with the 4.3L that run a dual chamber flowmaster and I think they sound really good!

6. 4bynut

4bynut 1/2 ton status

Thanks, I'll have to check them out. I always like flowmaster anyway. Jason