Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking for volunteers to help me buy my 78 Blazer

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by LittlePig, Mar 22, 2002.

1. LittlePig

LittlePig 1/2 ton status

I am planning to buy a 78 sometime soon, and would like some of you to help. In order for me to get one that isn't a complete cancer-case, I will have to buy from the southwest or northwest somewhere, but I live in New Hampshire. Are there any of you in the Pacific NW or Arizona area that might be willing to go check out a truck for me, should I find a suitable one? I will make arrangements to get it here, but I want it checked out before I buy. It won't be for a few weeks, but I thought I'd get the request in now. Thanks.

2. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I'm in Hollister CA. And can look in San Jose to Monterey...Dan

3. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

I'm in the northwest and can look for you... I've bought about 15 rigs in my life... i know what to look for...
    15 may sound bad... but it's a good thing...

4. BillyBob

BillyBob 1/2 ton status

Well, just cuz you live in New Hampshire, it doesn't mean every rig is gonna be swiss cheese. I got my 84 from some guy who plowed into a saturn, and the truck was from florida. the only rust problem it has is a little rot by the rear floor area.. but everything is still sound and easily fixable. You never know. You may find a somewhat spotless truck where you live.