Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

looking for work, help

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Apr 17, 2004.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

if anyone knows where i can post this for employers to see then please let me know ASAP thanks, i just typed this up real quick out of the blue without even thinking about it, but yes it is true and accurate and theres probably more i could add to it:

hello i am a very mechanically inclined
    1. wrench turner,
    2. machine operater,
    3. torch operater,
    4. licensed driver,
    5. automobile dismantler/assembler
    6. have alot of other related or similar mechanical typer skills/abilities, even some that i dont even know i have yet, still
    7. i can properly read and use a tape and alos a large variety of pneumatic/electric/hand tools, etc.

i am looking for employment still currently anywhere in the lower 48 states i will relocate very willingly at any time upon command if need be in order to become or remain employed! 217 735 3230
    thanks,
    Randy

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

You can post a nation wide resume on www.monster.com /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

do i even have enough info above to post on monster.com ? i dont think i cvan come up with much more info really, well maybe a couple more good ones and then thats about it, such as ability to drive a fork truck, and hmm.. not sure what else right now, cant remember.

thanks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Check out their site, they have a build your own resume maker right on the site to help you out. I've got mine on there right now also /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Did you try going to your local unemployment office and taking a resume writing class?

6. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Put it in the newspaper? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

7. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

8. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I'm sorry to be critical.I am just trying to help.
    I am a supervisor, and hire people. If I saw that resume it would go right in the trash without a thought..
    You obviously have a computer. You must have Microsoft Works or something similar on it.If you have Works, it has several blank Resume forms in diferent formats you can fill out that look professional.
    As said in above post take a course on how to write a resume or talk to the employment office they will help you. There are also employment services who will write you one for a small fee.
    If you want a good job you have to sell yourself. There are plenty of people around with your kind of experience for employers to choose from. You have to stand out from the crowd.
    Also make sure your spelling and grammar are correct.
    I can get away with bad grammar. I have a seceratary.

9. k51989

k51989 Registered Member

I can get away with bad grammar. I have a seceratary /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif.

10. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

Although this was done in 5 minutes and can be improved upon, use this format and change as needed and print on one page. Hand this in to shops and see if you can garner some interest. Go in and introduce yourself, hand them the resume, thank them for their time and leave. Don't put them on the spot and wait for an answer. You can call in a few days to ask if any opportunities exist.

Shop Assistant/Mechanic

name
    address
    ph#
    email address

Seeking: I am seeking a position requiring general automotive repair experience and or diagnosis.

Experience:
    **(dates of experience here)-(previous job titles related here)
    - Able to funtion and contribute positively to an automotive repair shop
    -Experienced in general repair related to engine maintanence, diagnosis and repair.
    -Offer great customer service skills and team work
    -Proficient in utilization of air tools and torch

**(dates of experience here)-(previous job titles related here ex auto dismantler)
    - Responsibilities included removal of drivetrain parts including axles, transmissions and engines
    - Safely use torches to process requested job
    - Transport of parts as needed to potential customers

**(dates of experience here)-(previous job titles related here ex shop helper)
    - Responsibilities included clean up and maintanence
    - As a licensed driver, responsible for delivering parts
    - Assisted other mechanics with general repair : belts, fluid changes, diagnosis, etc.

Skills: Licensed driver, fluent with most shop tools, team oriented, able to learn new skills quickly

References: Upon request