Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking on info for swapping in a 500 cu in caddy

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by General-Mahem, Aug 12, 2001.

1. General-Mahem

General-Mahem Newbie

ive found some info on caddy engines....major torque engine perfect for wheelin. only 40 pounds heavier than a small block and 500 ft lbs of torque. any help is appreciated....great site by the way

"If it breaks, build it stronger....if it doesn't break, try harder"

2. Double_T

Double_T Registered Member

G,
    I know 2 guys that used Caddys, one was in a '70 stepside 2wd and he used tranny and all. Just about a bolt in. the other was in a '76 scout 2,wher he used parts from two T-400's. I believe the Caddy bolt pattern is the same as the Buick, which late Kaiser type jeeps used in the truck, commando, and wagoneer. I'm sure findin a radiator would be no big deal. Both owners said that's the best thing they ever did. I'd do it too, but can't find any cheap Caddy's in the NW. Both convertees used early 70's 500ci engines (not sure of the actual displ.) Anywoo, Good luck and write back soon.

3. bigk

bigk 1/2 ton status

I've seen articles on a company that I think is called Cadilac Motor Sports that has all the knowledge on Caddy engines you'd ever need. I've never searched for them, but I'm sure they'd have a site. If not, the guys at 4WOR Magazine could lead you to them, just email Rick Pewe and ask him.

Karl
    Temporarily Unemployed Underwear Model
    87 3/4 ton

4. Sparky87k5

Sparky87k5 1/2 ton status

I did the Cad 500 engine swap in my 88 Sub 4x4 3/4 ton T400 about 5 years ago. Was really a strong setup for towing and cruising. If you need pointers about how it was done, let me know and I'll write it up for you. I bought most of my stuff from CMD (Cadillac Motorsport Development). Good quality stuff.

87 K5, D60 & 14FF, 5 sp & NP208 & 383 stroker. Build it Bulletproof and take it fishing!

5. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Hey, check these out, they're similar questions I've had answered:

coloradok5.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=blazer4x4&Number=148247&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1

Good luck! Keep us in the loop!

Ratch
    <a target="_blank" href=http://k5.8m.com>k5.8m.com</a>
    **Ever stop to think... Then forget to start again?**

6. chevyboy24598

chevyboy24598 1/2 ton status

Now I want a bb Cad! I think I found a parts car with a 500 for $495. I'll think about it.

Rust=Good
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.bodatious.com> bodatious </a>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.mudboggingfun.homestead.com> my site </a>