Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking through the free ads...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Feb 2, 2006.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

2. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

ahahaah:D:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

3. mountainexplorer

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Ahhh,craigslist..that explains it!..

I'm getting permanent retina damage from reading "Craigslist" for hours!..
    I sold my plow setup off my 74 K20 yesterday ,and some rims a few weeks ago, thanks to that site!..but I have to laugh at some of the absolute JUNK some people are "selling",when most scrap dealers wouldn't take it away for free...many scammers and crackhead posts on there too,you have to be careful!..

I have seen a good many "deals" on there too,like a 78 C30 ramp truck for 1000 bucks,a few diesel 4x4 pickups like mine WITH PLOWS for 600,850,and 1200 dollars!..saw a running useable 81 F350 wrecker for 500 bucks..all these trucks had titles and were road worthy too!..:eek1:

-always when I have no cash do all the good deals come along:rolleyes:

I could use a few new batteries too Alan..getting a car attached to one for free would be nice..I could junk it and get 80 bucks a ton,and buy a NEW battery!..:D ..after having a little demolition derby in the woods out back!:D

I have to get a digital camera..if I had pictures in my ads,I'm positive my truck and other stuff I have up for sale would have sold long ago..of course,some enterprising person has a "need photos in your ads?" post..he'll be GLAD to take half the selling price to take a picture of what your selling,and post it there for you..

Lots of decent things are given away on Craigslist for free..I was suprised to see Campers,Motor Homes,and many other things for ZIP if you "get it out of here"...I wondered if anyone was tired of looking at their neighbors eyesore,and posted a "come and get it" ad!!..I'd be leery of anything with no title,or at least a bill of sale..some of the posters seem less than trustworthy.

I always read the RE: posts..they are usually comical!..

5. mountainexplorer

It's almost a good thing I'm not exposed to the deals you have over there. 140.1 averall acres wouldn't be enough space cause I'd keep dragging stuff home!

Sometimes when I'm out of money or out of time/space, I just make myself not look at the ads. It's better to not see what I missed out on, than to see stuff when I can't get it but want it.

6. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

free HOUSE!!..

I just saw a FREE HOUSE on Craigslist!!..one catch..YOU have to MOVE it!!..its in MA,Framingham I think..

But its a nice little house!..and the owner is hoping someone will take it away,rather than see it go to waste being demolished!.(he bought the site for the land,to build a yuppie castle I guess)...its about the size of a summer cottage ,it would make a perfect mountain cabin getaway..if only I had a flatbed big enough..:thinking: I'd look sweet right next to my garage!......naahh,better not..my mom would flip!.:rotfl:

7. mountainexplorer

Haha... I've been meaning to take a picture of a free house. It's on the side of the highway... hasn't been lived in since I can even remember as a kid. It's just an old house with no value at all in rough shape and recently spray painted on the front in big letters is "Free U-Move".