Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking to buy another K5 would this be a good idea?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TxK5Blazer, Apr 22, 2003.

1. TxK5Blazer

TxK5Blazer 1/2 ton status

I found a K5 today while driving the back roads at work. I don't know what year only that is the old body style with the fully removable top. I wanted to know if I can get the people to sell it would it be a good buy? As soon as I find out more info on it I will get back with you guys. All help will be appreciated.....Jason /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Pics ??? Yeah, get the 411 (Information) on it.

3. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Not sure what the prices are in Texas. I bought my first 74 for $3000. It had a good rebuilt motor in it w/ an Edelbrock carb, Weiand intake, mild cam, headers, MSD distributor, and HP starter. It had a rebuilt TH350 and NP203. It also had a Corp14ff in the rear and a D44 8 lug up front. It also came with an extra TH350 K case. The body isn't all that pretty though. Then I found a second 74 for sale. It has a really clean body, 88 front clip, but the engine has a blown head gasket. I got it for $1500. It has a 10 bolt up front and a 12 bolt rear I believe along with a sloppy TH350 and NP203. The first Blazer had 4" of suspension lift and 3" of body lift w/ 35's on 16x10 rockcrawlers. The second one has a 4" Rancho lift with 33's on cheapo alloy rims and an extra set of stock Alcoa rims w/ stock size tires on them. I plan on dropping the good TH350 and engine from the first Blazer onto the second Blazers chassis. Then, I will put the first Blazer body on the second chassis with new engine and tranny and sell it. I will keep the second body and first frame and Corp14ff, which I have already sandblasted and POR-15'ed. Then it's 383 stroker crate motor and bowtie overdrive time. Already got a D60 to go up front too. Just gotta get an NP205 32 spline to go with one of the NP203's I have left over to do a doubler.

4. BlazerFarm

BlazerFarm Texagonian Premium Member

Watch out. That's how it starts. Soon you have 4 K5s at home and can't park your car in the driveway. Addiction at its best.

5. BigBlazer90

BigBlazer90 Registered Member

I bought my blazer from a guy in dallas, tx. It had 6inch lift, 35in all-terrain,kc lights,10,000 warn winch, and dual antitheft batteries with switch system. It had 175,000 miles and i got it for $5,000. It was a great steal! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

6. ZooMad75

ZooMad75 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I got really lucky. I got my 75 K5 for $500! considering it had a sm465/205 and D44/12 bolt axles I could not go wrong. Sure the kid had poked a rod through the pan on the 350, but who doesnt have an extra 350 lying around?

7. wadinator

wadinator 1/2 ton status

I'm still waiting for my first "steal-of-a-deal" K5 to fall in my lap. Someday.....oh, yes. Someday....

In the meantime, I've got my /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif to curb my appetite for 4wheel fun.