Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking to clear 44's with 10" lift

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by PetaKane, May 14, 2002.

1. PetaKane

PetaKane 1/2 ton status

Looking to clear 44\'s with 10\" lift

10" suspension, how much cutting is necessary. Can I get Bushwacker cut-outs, or will I be cutting too much to use those. I don't really do any real off roading, just the occasional once every two months wannabe mud bog. So I don't do much flexing at all. Just street flexing if there is such a thing. How much cutting will I have to do and can I just use a sawz all on the whole project? I don't have a cut-off tool or anything. Or if there is someone here in Oklahoma that knows what they are doing maybe they can help?

2. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

Re: Looking to clear 44\'s with 10\" lift

Don't know on tire fitment, but as far as the Bushwacker cut-outs go, there really isn't too much trimming "required" for them. In addition, they are a little flexible. You can trim more if you needed to and flex them into place. That is how i have done mine. Another nice thing about them is that you don't have to be as pretty in your trimming effort. They completely cover the trimming, so it doesn't matter how straight your lines are or how clean your cuts are.

Where in OK are you at? There are lots of us just across the river here in the REAL state.

3. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

With a 10 inch lift and the bushwhackers, you should be fine. You will need to trim, but it will work. Now, if you take it out hard wheeling ever, you will need to trim more. But, for street type stuff, it wont take too much.

The Bushwhackers dor flex a tiny bit, but they crack real eassy too, and then fall off.

Ken H.

4. PetaKane

PetaKane 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I wish I was across the river. I belong in Texas, no offense Okies. Maybe I can convince my family to move down there with me. Thanks for the replies now I can order my tires and not have to worry too much. Another question, someone on here mentioned that it would be okay to mount a 44 Bogger on a 9.75 rim. I'd rather do that then a 12" rim up front.

5. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

I wouldn't put them on a 9.75 rim. It would look ugly and a 12 would look much better./forums/images/icons/wink.gif

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

14 looks better yet /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

7. ChadH82

ChadH82 1/2 ton status

I'm here in Edmond and have all the tools to work with if you need some help. I can trim stuff but I don't guarantee the it will look good. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif It's that not hard really.