Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

looking to install anything to Soften/Smooth out my ride

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Intense Blue, Nov 28, 2002.

1. Intense Blue

Intense Blue Registered Member

I have 87 k5 with skyjackers soft ride suspension, new springs all around truck, new softride shocks and many other suspension parts replaced with new.i know having 33 " tires on doesn't help and i drive 99.9% highway at 55mph but looking to smooth the ride...airbags help? will install anything to help ride..

2. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

you got soft rides and they're too stiff? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif well i think tuff country springs are softer but then you'd be replacing the whole new system. get a set of sway bar disconnects form ORD they correct the angle on your sway bar and that should soften it up some.

or just wait for the springs to break in some. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

3. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

Try some Rancho RS9000's. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. efilnikufecin

efilnikufecin 1/2 ton status

i've run both tuff country and skyjacker.skyjacker being the softest of the two.i had 3" tuff country lift and it rode pretty rough,although it flex pretty good.i could not believe how it rode considering fourwheeler raves about them.i'm sticking with skyjacker.as for your ride ? have you checked you air pressure in you tires?i know alot of tire shops jack them right up to the max pressure.that would make a difference.45 to 25 psi would greatly improve ride quality.

5. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

If your springs are really new as in 2 or 3 weeks they still mite need more time to break in. Seeing how your shocks are new I don't think your going to go out and get some RS9000's But they do work really good. The only way I can see your 33's as being a problem is you have the tire psi up to hi drop the psi down it will help with the ride if you go up it will make the ride harder. There are some ways to find out what tire psi works best, But at the moment I don't have it close by. If you want ideas on that ket me know I'll look for them.

Eric

6. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

Oh one more thing Please take some time and Fill out your profile. Thank you

7. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

If you have quad shocks in the front take one off for each side