Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

looking to prove/disprove new theory

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by thedrip, Jul 4, 2004.

1. thedrip

thedrip 1/2 ton status

I haven't seen anyone post an absolute answer on this anywhere, but it did seem to come up in another thread, and I want to see if anyone has proof AGAINST this theory.

All d44 knuckles with flattops on the passenger side have the tie-rod above the arm, whereas all d44 where the passenger side is NOT flattop have the tie-rod below the steer arm.

So far every picture of a chevy I've come accross this has held true, I want to know if anyone has a picture of a truck that doesn't follow this!

2. thedrip

thedrip 1/2 ton status

This includes of course 10bolt front axles with the non-flattop knuckles. Anyone have a 10bolt with the tie-rod above the steer arm?

3. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]

All d44 knuckles with flattops on the passenger side have the tie-rod above the arm, whereas all d44 where the passenger side is NOT flattop have the tie-rod below the steer arm.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a set where the tie rod comes in from the bottom. I think they were off a Heep if that matters. Sorry no pics.