Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking to upgrade

Discussion in 'Audio' started by 84k5, Feb 18, 2004.

1. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Heres what I have:

Alpine cd player, 35 watts x4

6.5" alpine speakers monuted in the door, says " 120W peak 30W RMS, IMP. 4 ohms" on the back, custom mounted in the doors

kenwood 4x9? in the stock location in the rear. They are the same as stock size, just kenwoods.

All of this stuff will be 5 years old in April.

Basically, with the windows down at freeway speed it is turned up so loud it sounds kinda crusty.

I would like to add some more power, but I'm on a budget. Looking for some opinions if this would make a noticable difference or if I'm wasting my time and money.

Head unit: Something with 50x4 watts that could actually play a burned cd instead of skipping

Front speakers: I was going to leave these alone to save money, and because they look nice as is.

Rear speakers: I was thinking of getting some 6x9" speakers and mounting them where the ash tray is in the rear seat area.

Could probably spend $300 tops. Would this be worth it, or is that not enough to make a good improvement? TIA

2. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

[​IMG]

Just have some plates made to install some 6x9's in where the factory 4x10"s used to be, /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif i have them in here as seen, they sound real good,,,,,when the box isn't turned on that is,,, /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif