Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looks like I am getting a second Burb..

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by gokartergo, Sep 21, 2003.

1. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Went to a friends friends place today to check out a 86 3/4 Burb that has been sitting since 95. There is one little dent in it.. It looks like it as never been wheeled.. Has a 400/th400/208 It wouldn't pass smog in 95 cause the guys son took out the canaster and replaced it with the wrong one.. He said if we put a battery in it it would start.. Anyways he only wants $1500.00 I think I am going to take it and part out the other one... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

good deal man lets see some pics once ya get it.

4. bpiccioni

bpiccioni 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a steal, especially if everything's in working order. I have to admit I'm a little skeptical about a new, replacement canister resulting in smog test failure though. Are you talking about the fume canister next to the radiator, or another canister that I'm not familiar with off the top of my head? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

5. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

well if its a new replacement wrong one then i can see that happening.

6. gokartergo

[ QUOTE ]
    Sounds like a steal, especially if everything's in working order. I have to admit I'm a little skeptical about a new, replacement canister resulting in smog test failure though. Are you talking about the fume canister next to the radiator, or another canister that I'm not familiar with off the top of my head? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep the one next to the rad.. It is a three hole one and it needs a 2 hole.. That'll kick it at smog in CA.

7. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Went to a friends friends place today to check out a 86 3/4 Burb that has been sitting since 95. There is one little dent in it.. It looks like it as never been wheeled.. Has a 400/th400/208 It wouldn't pass smog in 95 cause the guys son took out the canaster and replaced it with the wrong one.. He said if we put a battery in it it would start.. Anyways he only wants $1500.00 I think I am going to take it and part out the other one... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Dan,

Scott told me there was a '72 Burb 4x4 for sale on Craigslist recently..... That could be even MORE cool, and no smog at all to worry about!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Just trying to pull ya into the "1st Gen" fray /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

(....and yes I realize that a 72 Burb is actually about an 8th Gen!) /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

8. gokartergo

I need to stay uo into the 9th threw 11th gen subs.. My wife likes the dual a/c and all the power stuff...LOL

9. gokartergo

I pick it up this sunday...I will be parting out the 83... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

this post is worthless...pictures????

11. gokartergo

I got her home this sunday..Needs a real good going threw. It as been setting since 95..

[​IMG] [​IMG]

12. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Looks pretty clean to me for having sat that long. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. bpiccioni

bpiccioni 1/2 ton status

I would say you stole that thing for $1500, especially if you can get it running decent without much more than a good tuneup.

It looks extremely clean, although from the pics maybe some clear coat is gone off the hood and some surface rust along the rocker/door bottom area on the passenger side.

SCORE!!!

14. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Man, was that thing stored inside for the last 8 yrs? That burb is super clean for sitting that long, sweet score /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. gokartergo

[ QUOTE ]
    I would say you stole that thing for $1500, especially if you can get it running decent without much more than a good tuneup.

It looks extremely clean, although from the pics maybe some clear coat is gone off the hood and some surface rust along the rocker/door bottom area on the passenger side.

SCORE!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I talked the guy down to $1400.00 also. No clear coat on it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif That's just dirt along to rockers.. There is no rust at all on it.. We started it up to drive it on the trailer.. Then when we got it here we towed it to a car wash to hose off 8 years of dust.. All the vacun and rubber hoses are pretty much shot.. And the radator is shot.. Have to rebuild the carb to.. And change all fluids throw a new exhaust on it.. And she is ready to go... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. gokartergo

[ QUOTE ]
    Man, was that thing stored inside for the last 8 yrs? That burb is super clean for sitting that long, sweet score /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I brought my digital camera. But I forgot to take pictures.. It was on a turkey Ranch.. Right next to one of the pins full of turkeys.. I wanted a picture of where it was sitting.. But I blew it..

17. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Sweet