Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looks like I have a new dog. It won't leave.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Nov 16, 2005.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

This very friendly dog wanders into my yard last night as I'm changing tires on a Blazer. I pet it and look for a collar or tag but find nothing. I let my dog (a jealous overweight female) out to play or at least claim her territory. Then, being late, I close the gate and hoped the stray can find it's way home.

It's still in my yard (got back in somehow). I think he got back in last night and slept on the porch all night. Not sure how to go about finding the owners. Appearantly, this dog wants me to be its new owner.

2. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

maybe put somethin in the paper. Or heck, just keep it until you hear of someone missin a dog.

3. Roz

Roz 1/2 ton status

take it on a few walks and ask around. do they get along?

4. GEORGIA GABE

GEORGIA GABE 1/2 ton status

As someone who recently went through loosing a dog and then getting him back I would say to try a few things. 1 call the animal control in your area and see if anyone has called and reported a lost dog. ( this was the first thing I did after looking for him and not finding him.) 2 take him by the animal shelter and have them scan him for a chip in his neck. all of my dogs have chips with numbers in their necks. the people at the shelter take a wand and wave it over the dogs neck and a number appears on the wand. that number corresponds to all of my information and how to get into contact with me. If he doesnt have a chip, leave him at the shelter so that someone who is looking for him can find him. let the shelter know that you want first dibs on the animal if the original owner cannot be found.
    gabe

ps. the story of bubba

Bubba ran off sunday night two weeks ago, I looked for him for about an hour and then went on home ( he lives at my shop with another dog named cal ) I didnt find him until the following friday...thats 5 nights he slept in the ditch next to the road where the car hit him. A guy was walking down the road and saw one of the flyers that I had posted on a pole and a few hundred yards down the road saw bubba in a ditch ( you had to be looking for him and be within 10 feet to see him ) he called me and told me where bubba was. I picked him up and took him to the vet where he spent the night. $550 later and the next morning i picked him up and was told that he has a fractured pelvis ect. he should be fine, it will just take some time.
    here is a pic of him taken a few min ago...some of you might recognize him from the pipe that was stuck on his head a few months ago.
    gabe
    [​IMG]

5. Roz

Roz 1/2 ton status

<snif> poor pup, glad u found em and hes going to pull through. thats crazy 5 nights??

6. kick

kick 1/2 ton status

the only love money can buy ----- A dog - you even get em for free sometime, I have 4 all adoptees. 3 are mutts like me, Gotta love em

7. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

Don't figure someone would want a dog like this would they?

Anyway, in case any of you didn't know, the word 'inu' in my handle means 'dog' in Japanese. I'd like to get one, but I can't. Firstly, because I'm still on chemo. Secondly, grandmother wouldn't like it. Her and her former companion had one for several years and she came to dislike dogs. :(

8. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

I remember the pipe and his body, never seen his head :haha:

Well, I'm glad that he's still around.

9. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Bubba and the drain pipe is still my desktop picture. :D

Allan, advertise on Pets 911. An online deal to help folks reunite pets and panicked ones. We have one right now that we can't find the parents of. :confused:

10. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

Can I see this pic??

11. dogdaysunrise

dogdaysunrise 1/2 ton status

12. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

This dog is still here. It thinks this is home and has no desire to leave, and doesn't act homesick. People here are already giving him names like Rufus and Jake. No one has come around looking for one.

My dog is jealous of any other dog in her territory. Only other dog she was ok sharing this house with was Bear, the dog we had for years before we brought her here, and she was the "new dog". Since Bear died, she got used to being the only dog, but here time is near. She has a tumor of some sort growing in her stomach.

I wasn't on planning on keeping another dog. My mom said she didn't want another one either, yet she's the one feeding it, naming it and putting off taking it to the pound.

13. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

your mom sounds cool. :D :D

14. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

that is a sweet looking puppy. but i'll never get a chip in my dog. thats the first step to getting it in your kids." in the name of saftey". screw that.the mark of the beast.

15. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

You're wrong on that one.

Allan's mom is smokin'. :haha: