Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Loose Change

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Sep 2, 2002.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Am I wierd ??? I keep close to $20.00 in loose change in the K5. I think it comes in handy for soda pop, cigs, or emergence gas funds. The factory console has those holders on each side of the ash-tray, I use them as change catchers. One side is for quarters, the other is for everything else change wise. Does anyone else do anything like that ???

2. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

no..thats the wierdest thing i ever heard!! you are REALLY weird man!!

JK haha. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif .yea my mom does the same thing..just not as much..

3. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

If that's the strangest thing you think you keep in your rig, you'd feel like "Mr. I'm Soooo OK" if you saw the list of what's in mine. BTW, I have enough change in mine to get a room for the night in Barstow. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

4. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

I give all my change to my son. Last time we counted it he had almost 100 bucks, just from me giving it to him. As for my truck.. I just make sure I always have at least 20 bucks cash in the pocket, plus lots of plastic. I wouldn't feel comfortable paying for gas with pennies for a 31 gallon tank. I also rarely let the tank go lower than 1/4 tank.

5. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Who carries change anymore? It's all about the plastic in the wallet! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Well, there are other things in thier, LOL, but I don't really wanta go do an invatory. Probley should clean it out. Still got lots of crap from the move. Infact my old front driveshaft was bouncing around pretty good when I went wheeling this afternoon. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Yeah, got that too, but just hate to use it when there is pleanty of pocket change building up in the console.

8. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

LOL! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

9. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

well in the back of mine right now..there is:
    a tailgate
    2 blazer rear windows
    2 boxes
    3 mufflers
    1 air cleaner
    1 box of brake parts
    and 1 chevy trim plate for the back of a tailgate

(and yes..its been sitting in the garage 4 months now!! LOL /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif )

10. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

would you like to sell the air cleaner? I'm in need of a stock one!

11. mercercadet

mercercadet 1/2 ton status

twenty bucks in change is alot...you could like put it in a crown royal bag and use it for a club if someone tried to rob ya /forums/images/icons/grin.gif ...never have that much...wife always happens to wisk it away when she cleans vehicles

12. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

sorry..be glad to give it to ya, but its off my k5! lol..its jusstt about ready to be started for the "first" time..(we just put a engine/tranny/t-case in it from another k5..

13. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

I've got a fifth of Jack Daniels bottle that I keep my change in, I take it to the grocery store everyth 3-4 months and get $200+ out of it /forums/images/icons/cool.gif It's got about $20 in it right now. The looks I get are pretty good when I walk around with a large empty whiskey bottle in public /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

14. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

I throw my change in my ash tray since I do not smoke. It comes in handy for allot of things. Sometimes I get too much in there and have to dump some into my purse and when I take my keys out change goes flying. I think I need a new organization system. /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

15. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Ive still got stuff like a garden hose, boxs of clothing, lots of loose nails rolling around, some old white skirting that was on the trailor house befor I had it moved(will be great to lay on when working under the Blazer) , a sawzaw, verious tools, a camshaft and lifter kit for my 81 Corvette (Need to get that motor back together), and 4 or 5 box's of bullets for the 9mm. That's what I can think of off hand. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

16. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

LOL..well pretty soon ill be rippin my rear floor right out so there wont be much room for nothing in there i guess.. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

17. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

I keep a lot of change in my cars, too. I have a friend with a 95 Z28 and he has tons of change. The center console is almost filled up with change, I bet he has $50 in there. Haha.

18. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

We counted out our water bottle of change around christmas time last year, came to around $300... In the K5, for some odd reason, all the change gets that nasty soaked-in-coffee-then-corroded look after sitting for a while, so I avoid touching it altogether... It's too bad, I think I had like $15 worth of game tokens for my kids, now crusty greenish...

19. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    The looks I get are pretty good when I walk around with a large empty whiskey bottle in public

[/ QUOTE ]

Classic!!

20. captain chaos

captain chaos 1/2 ton status

i hate having change in my pockit so when i get home i put it all in a bucket.
    then in the fall of the year when i buy my beef, i take the bucket to the bank and get cash for my beef.
    i usally have to carry the bucket for the lady /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    also usally get between $400.00 to $600.00.
    BTW it's getting to be about that time /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

dave